Mukuru Money Card
All of our customers in South Africa qualify for a Mukuru Money debit card. If you already have a bank account Mukuru Money can be used as a secondary account to manage your money transfers.
With a Mukuru Money Card you can:
Send Money Safely
Withdraw at ATMs
Swipe at Retailers
The Mukuru Money Card DOES NOT SUPPORT:
- Direct Debit
- Internet Banking
- Online Payments
- International Bank Transfers
- Wire transfers to other banks
- Once off activation fee: R50.00
- Card Load Fee: R4.70 per load
- Cash deposit at bank: R7 + 1.95%
- Monthly fee: R25.00
- Standard Bank ATM Transaction: R10.09
- Other Bank’s ATM Transaction: R17.65
- Standard Bank ATM balance enquiry: R3.03
- Other Bank’s ATM balance enquiry: R4.49
- Pin Reset Fee: R5.55
- Point of sale transaction at merchants: FREE
- Cashback with withdrawals at retailers
- per cashback where there is a purchase with the cashback: R2.62
- per cashback where no purchase is performed: R3.38
- SMS balance enquiry fee: R2.02
Maximum balance per card: R25 000
- (Balance on the card should not exceed R25 000 at any given point.)
Maximum monthly load per card: R25 000
- (Maximum load per card per month should not exceed R25 000)
Maximum daily ATM withdrawal per card: R4 000
- POS transactions are unlimited
- Minimum deposit of R100
- You must sign the back of the card in ink immediately when you receive it.
- When using POS devices, always check that the card returned to you is yours.
- Report lost or stolen cards or those not returned by calling 086 001 8555. Similarly, if your PIN has been compromised, stop your card immediately.
- Only enter your PIN when prompted to do so by the POS device.
- Do not disclose your PIN number/s to anyone.
- To reset your USSD secret PIN, call 086 001 8555 or chat to a consultant on our Mukuru App for assistance.
- You must memorise your PIN or keep a record of it in a safe place, separate from your card. Do not give your PIN to anyone (even family members).
- You must keep us updated with your personal information so you can continue to receive product updates.
- For further information, consult the Mukuru Card Terms and Conditions