The purpose of this role is to manage the national sales team and provide assistance and support to the General Sales Manager in implementing and managing the sales strategy to maximize the customer base and grow revenue. The Assistant Sales Manager reports directly to the General Sales Manager and will be based in Cape Town.
• Supporting the Sales teams (including National Sales Supervisors, Regional Sales Supervisors and Agent Consultants in order to ensure that new account targets are met
• Overseeing the activities of the Consultant Support team to ensure they assist the consultants effectively
• Assisting with fraud issues to minimize risk and impact on the company
• Staying abreast of and reporting market trends and competitor activity
• Maintaining an up to date knowledge of Mukuru products and services
• Compiling weekly and monthly reports
• Performing general people management functions
• Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Management or related field
• Grade 12 or equivalent
• 3-4 years sales or sales operations experience within a remittance or similar industry preferred
• 3-4 years supervisory experience is essential
• Knowledge of sales and marketing principles
• Knowledge of FICA regulations
• Knowledge of Android Army functions and activities
• Knowledge of Mukuru products and services (highly advantageous)
• Excellent sales and negotiation skills
• Proven previous experience and abilities with motivating and inspiring teams
• Excellent communication and people skills
• Good planning and organisational skills
• Budget and report writing skills
• The ability to work calmly under pressure
• Strong work ethic with high attention to detail
• Ability to identify an opportunity or problem and develop a creative solution
If you are interested in this exciting new opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Heading: Assistant Sales Manager.
The closing date for applications is Thursday, 11th April 2018.
If you do not receive any response after two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS