An exciting opportunity exists for a Receptionist to join Office Management and based in Cape Town. The purpose of the role is to act as the first point of contact for the Mukuru Waverly office.
The Receptionist reports directly to the Office Manager. This position is responsible for providing professional service to incoming callers and by welcoming guests to the office. The Receptionist must ensure that security access control is used effectively and they must ensure that the reception area looks professional, tidy and neat at all times. They accept deliveries and ensure that this is collected by relevant internal staff members.
Internal liaison takes place with all staff. External liaison takes place with visitors and courier companies.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
- To professionally welcome all visitors to the office
- Control access door to allow visitors in a secure manner
- Ensure all visitors sign the visitors’ logbook
- To operate the switchboard effectively to manage all incoming calls
- To screen all incoming calls and identify who they need to speak to
- Answering all calls professionally and timeously
- To assist with administrative duties and to support the effective running of the office
- Assisting the Office Manager with assigned administrative tasks
- To handle general inquiries in a professional manner
- Responding to queries from guests or callers in a professional way
- Assisting with departmental information
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- 1 years’ experience in a receptionist role (Essential)
- Knowledge of switchboard equipment
- Knowledge of company structures and departments
- Knowledge of access control procedures
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Switchboard skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this exciting opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Receptionist.
The closing date for applications is Thursday 29th August 2019. If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS