Be part of one of Africa’s largest money transfer companies, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to remit vital support to their loved-ones across the region.
You will help facilitate a diverse group of bright & passionate people in self-organizing and cross-functional teams who are responsible for building and operating an enterprise level system that is at the core of the business.
The Scrum Master will work closely with the Product Owners, the Development teams and other stakeholders across the organisation to ensure delivery of projects according to the company’s strategic aims and objectives, while advancing and supporting agile adoption throughout the company.
• Ensure the team has everything it needs to do its job and remove any obstacles.
• Organise and facilitate sprint planning, reviews, retrospectives, daily stand-ups, release planning, product showcases and other scrum-related meetings.
• Facilitate sprint retrospective meetings, creating an environment where problems can be raised and resolved, with an emphasis on problem solving and improvement.
• Facilitating discussions, decision making, conflict resolution and ensuring clear communication between all members of the Scrum team.
• Identify and manage risks – early identification and management of issues and delays.
• Strongly serving and supporting the Product Owner and Development Teams.
• Recommend improvements and assist in changes to best practice.
• Track and communicate team velocity and sprint/release progress.
• Manage multiple scrum teams.
• Enable and foster high performing Agile teams.
• 4+ years as a Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach.
• 6+ years in agile development environment.
• Currently working in an Agile role.
• Certified Scrum Master Certification.
• Knowledge of multiple Agile practices (Kanban, Scrum etc.).
• Background in software development or detailed high level knowledge of the full SDLC – ideally using web technologies.
• A proven track record in software project delivery at an enterprise level in an agile environment.
• We’re looking for someone who lives and breathes agile and sees themselves as an Agile Champion, not just a scrum master.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the importance for an organisation to adopt an agile mindset throughout the organisation, specifically at the board / executive level. Having experience in implementing agile in an organisation is beneficial.
• We want a people’s person. This person must have an engaging and approachable persona; must have charisma; and must be able to apply the soft-skills required for this role.
• Demonstrate an understanding of the intricacies of the Agile Manifesto.
• Exceptional oral and written communication skills.