Mukuru is one of the fastest growing FinTech companies in Southern Africa. The company operates in several jurisdictions in SADC and Europe and is backed by the largest Africa focused US private equity fund. Our passion is to help facilitate safe, affordable and regulated money transfers using a myriad of innovative technologies.
You will be joining a growing Product team to help maximise the value to the business while also driving innovation and ensuring customers are at the forefront of the process.
We are looking for an experienced Product Owner who enjoys a challenge. They will help drive and shape the the company’s products and strategic roadmap going forward. In return, we offer a fun, dynamic, and diverse work environment where innovation is welcomed.
The position is based at our offices in Observatory, Cape Town. Monthly travel locally and minimal travel abroad is required.
- Driving product development in line with the company’s strategic goals, vision and business architecture.
- Define product roadmap and iterative innovations based on market analysis.
- Work closely with stakeholders from all business areas to build a deep understanding of the product.
- Analyse business needs, document features and translate into product solutions for functional and nonfunctional requirements. Meeting the following criteria:
- Ease and consistency of use for the customer’s journey
- Simple, maintainable systems that are fit for purpose (pulled by a real business need),
- Yet flexible enough to cater for innovation within the Mukuru domain/ambitions
- Systems which meet performance and scalability needs of the business
- Conduct requirements workshops and liaise with Business Analysts to create requirements.
- Support the day-to-day needs of the Scrum team in understanding the business requirements and priority.
- Maintaining a prioritised Product Backlog in order to maximise ROI of the product and development teams.
- Ensuring the teams understand stories or tasks in the backlog to the level required.
- Creating Sprint goals with the Team.
- Collaborate and work closely with the Scrum Master to ensure that Scrum meetings are well structured for the team
- Liaise with the development team for estimation on work.
- Help resolve impediments should they arise.
- Liaise with various industry partners around service integration and product offerings.
- Keeping abreast of market trends and technical advancements that support the Mukuru product vision.
- Work closely with the Scrum Master around team capacity, understanding the team velocity and how this may impact commitment.
- Take ownership of release planning
- An undergraduate degree or diploma preferably with an Information Systems focus.
- Experience working in an Agile environment (Scrum preferably)
- Experience as a Product Owner or Business Analyst.
- Ability to manage stakeholder expectations.
- Ability to create feature maps, user stories, activity diagrams and use cases.
- Ability to analyse financial and customer data relevant to the product you own to make informed solution decisions.
- A good understanding of project scoping, project management and prioritisation.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
Desired Personal Traits
- A strong personality.
- Able to make informed, decisive decisions in a collaborative environment
- A self-organising attitude and a strong will to get the job done.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Should be a self-starter, quick learner, capable of setting priorities and remain efficient while multi-tasking.
Bonus / Beneficial
- Recognised product owner, business analysis or information systems qualification.
- Technical background and understanding of system integrations.
- Experience in the financial or retail industry.
- Card payments and/or mobile wallets experience.
- Experience dealing with compliance regulations.
Kindly send CV and cover letter to email@example.com
Closing date for applications is Thursday, 30th May 2019 with the subject heading: Product Owner
If you do not receive a response after two weeks from application please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS