The Mukuru IT Team has a vacancy for a Senior Systems Engineer to be based either at our Rosebank (JHB) or Parkview (PTA) offices.
The main purpose of the role is to provide general IT support on both hardware and software to Mukuru staff as well as branches (locally and internationally).
The Senior Systems Engineer reports directly to the IT Manager. This position is responsible for providing general IT support to staff by installing, monitoring, supporting, providing advice and maintaining the computers, servers and networks so that users can function efficiently with regard to their day-to-day tasks.
Internal Liaison takes place with all internal staff. External liaison takes place with all 3rd party suppliers.
Duties and responsibilities (includes but is not limited to):
• To provide general IT support to Mukuru staff to ensure problems are resolved efficiently
• Respond to allocated queries and problems as allocated
• Analyze and diagnose problems so that the appropriate solutions can be speedily supplied
• Resolve remotely where possible
• Provide on-site support when required
• Provides ongoing feedback to users regarding problems and the actions taken
• Order new hardware when required and carry out correct setup
• Respond to email in order for the call to be closed
• Document procedures for future use when new problems occur
• To setup, support and maintain desktops, laptops, servers, networks and applications to ensure optimal usage
• Travel to both national and international branches to provide on-site support when required
• Assist with the IT related aspects of setting up of new branches
• Ensure installations and upgrades to systems are working correctly
• To mentor and upskill the Junior Engineers
• To manage own professional and self-development
• Grade 12 / or equivalent (Essential)
• MCSE qualification (Essential)
• 3-5 years in Systems Engineering or similar (Essential)
• Knowledge of network principles
• Knowledge of Linux
• Knowledge of general IT hardware and systems
• Knowledge of Microsoft servers and firewalls
• IT networking skills
• Fixing IT hardware skills
• IT software application skills
• Computer skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Time management skills
• Organisational & administrative skills
• Attention to detail
If you do not receive any response after two weeks please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS