Be part of one of Africa’s largest money transfer companies, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to remit vital support to their loved-ones across the region. You’ll exposed to a range of web and mobile channels used to interact with our customer-base and contribute to a platform that’s alive with real-time transactional activity.
We believe in Infrastructure as Code and are looking for a DevOps Engineer to help maintain our infrastructure across all environments which we are in the process of modernising, making it more secure, resilient and reliable.
We offer a fun, dynamic, and challenging work environment.
AWS, Puppet, Cloudformation, Capistrano, Ubuntu, Git, Travis, Jenkins, R10k, VPC, IAM, CLI, ELK, Kibana, MySQL, RDS, Aurora, Auto-scaling, SSL, Cloudfront CDN, DNS, Vagrant, Monitoring, Metrics, Apache, PHP FastCGI,
- Manage all environments as part of the DevOps team.
- Operating system and software installation and configuration.
- Monitoring Linux systems for availability and performance.
- Collaborate with developers to bring new functionality to production effectively.
- Ability to use a wide variety of open source technologies and tools.
- Troubleshoot and diagnose root causes of problems.
- Researching, propose and implement technologies to the enhance infrastructure.
- Develop and improve operational practices and procedures.
- Produce high-level design documentation.
- Ensure redundancy, failover and recovery of systems.
- 5+ years in development and/or operations; including:
- 2+ years administration of Linux environments.
- Solid expert level Linux experience.
- Good understanding and experience in AWS Cloud Technologies .
- Configuration management – puppet, chef, ansible, salt.
- Scripting – bash, php, ruby, python.
- Configuration and monitoring of core applications – web servers, databases, messaging queues – apache, nginx, mysql, beanstalk, rabbitmp.
- Maintaining supporting applications – issue tracking (JIRA), CI (jenkins), logging (ELK), deployments (Capistrano).
- Network management – DNS, routing, firewall, load balancing and proxy knowledge.
Desired Personal Traits
- Strong problem solving and diagnostic skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills.
- Keen technologist, desire to work with the latest technologies and eager to learn.
- Interest in understanding the internals of software (what makes the tick).
- Agile and TDD knowledge.
- VPN configuration.
- DBA knowledge – point-in-time backups, replication, performance tuning.
- Experience with building PCI systems.