Our Remittance Footprint
We value the relationships that we have with our partners. We already have over 60 partners around the globe, and continue to work hard to extend our network.
Where we send money from and to:
Mukuru Orange Booths
Alongside our partnerships, we’ve created a far-reaching Mukuru Orange Booth network to further enhance our ability to deliver cash to recipients in:
- Malawi (over 60 booths)
- Zimbabwe (over 100 booths)
- Zambia (over 20 booths)
and growing networks in Lesotho and Mozambique.
The Exceptional Mukuru Service
Mukuru’s dedicated team of roaming consultants and information centres are responsible for on-boarding new clients. All KYC documents are captured, vetted and stored in line with regulatory standards.
How our Remittance Process Works
- Register for an account and select a country to send money to
- Add a recipient via one of our platforms: USSD, WhatsApp, Web, App or Call Centre
- Indicate the recipient’s collection method (cash collection, bank transfer, mobile money wallet or cash to card)
- Mukuru will provide a quotation, including the total cost, exchange rate and any fees
- Settle the order by preferred method (credit / debit card, bank transfer, cash deposit or transfer to money wallet)
- Mukuru will credit the recipient and digitally send them a cash voucher for immediate collection at any of Mukuru’s payout locations. An ID/Passport will be required for identification
Once an order has been created, the sender has the option to pay for their order through any of the following options:
- At any one of the Mukuru branches or one of our over 200,000 pay-in locations
- Via their Mukuru Card
- Online / EFT (UK)