Mukuru is currently looking for 4x Agile Business Analysts to join our team – two roles are available in Cape Town and two roles in Johannesburg. The Agile Business Analyst reports to the Head of BA.
If being part of one of Africa’s largest money transfer companies, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to remit vital support to their loved ones across the region appeals to you, then we want to hear from you! Our passion is to help facilitate safe, affordable, and regulated money transfers using a myriad of innovative tech. This role would also afford you the opportunity to be a specialist as a Business Analyst in an agile team environment, while collaborating across verticals in the business.
Our Agile Business Analysts are a key part of our process to help facilitate a diverse group of bright & passionate people in self-organizing and cross-functional teams who are responsible for building and operating our enterprise level systems that are at the core of the business.
Internal liaison takes place with the Product Owners, Agile Development Teams (including Developers, QA and Scrum Master), Business Leaders and Users, Project Management and Application Support. External liaison takes place with Partners, Customer and Regulatory Stakeholders. Some travel may be needed from time to time.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To work closely with stakeholders across all levels and business areas to elicit requirements
- Assist stakeholders and Scrum team in prioritisation of work in order to maximise return on investment (ROI)
- Facilitate requirements gathering through interviews, requirements workshops, etc.
- Analyse business needs, document requirements, and translate needs into user stories
- Communicate these needs clearly and effectively to both business and technical stakeholders
- Maintain a steady backlog of requirements that are ready to go into sprints for the Scrum team
- Support the day-to-day needs of Scrum teams in understanding customer and business requirements
- Liaise with the development team for estimation on work
- To work with the QA department to ensure functionality matches business requirements
- Assist in drafting user and training documentation
- Liaise with various industry partners around service integration and product offerings
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Degree / Diploma preferably with an Information Systems focus
- Minimum 3 – 8 years’ experience in a Business Analysis or similar role
- Experience working in a Compliance focussed role; OR Experience working in a role focused on external partner API integrations (Desirable)
- Knowledge and ability to translate requirements into user stories, process diagrams and data flows
- Knowledge and understanding of project scoping, planning & prioritisation
- Knowledge of and experience working in an Agileenvironment (Scrum)
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to manage stakeholder expectations
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to obtain descriptive and exhaustive requirements from stakeholders
The following would be highly beneficial, however are not essential requirements to be successful in this role:
- Business Analysis or Information Systems Qualification
- Business Analysis experience in the Financial Services or Retail industry
- Payments experience
- Experience dealing with partner API integration
- Experience dealing with compliance regulations
- Team player
- Able to work independently with minimal supervision
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Agile Business Analyst (CPT/JHB)
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS