A vacancy has become available for an Android Developer, to work with our team of Developers and Testers, working on an enterprise Java (Android) codebase. This candidate will report directly to the Software Team Lead and should have the ability to translate complex requirements into maintainable code that can be adapted to the changing needs of the business.
As an Android Developer with Mukuru you will be part of one of Africa’s largest money transfer companies, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to send money home to their loved ones across the region. You will be exposed to a range of mobile channels used to interact with our customer-base and contribute to a platform that is alive with real-time transactional activity.
Duties and Responsibilities include, but is not limited to:
• Write maintainable code with automated tests
• Review code to ensure code quality
• Communicate effectively when dealing with technical support queries
Minimum requirements and experience:
• 2-4 years experience as an Android Developer
• iOS development experience is a bonus
• Experience in and/or have a good understanding of caching, revision control, message queues, issue tracking, monitoring, database transactions and testing
• Working knowledge and experience with: JSON REST APIs, Scanning technologies (EAN, PDF, MRZ, OCR), Android persistence layers (Preference, File, SQLite), Firebase & Google APIs, Publishing to Google Play, Unit & Automated testing techniques for Android apps (JUnit, Expresso, UI Automator)
Attributes and Skills:
• Competent technical knowledge of Java for Android, Gradle and Android Studio
• Strong understanding of design patterns and experience architecting complex software
• Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
• Insight in applying design patterns to complex problems as needed
• Experience in architecting, developing, testing, deploying systems
• Solid understanding of integration and web services
• Strong analytical skills
• Being passionate about learning new skills, technologies, and best practices
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV and Letter of Motivation to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Android Developer
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS