Our Legal department is looking for a Company Secretarial Officer to join the team based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this role is to ensure the Mukuru Group is compliant with all corporate governance requirements by actioning all company secretarial activities.
The Company Secretarial Officer reports directly to the Head of Legal.
This position is responsible for performing the full company secretarial function for all companies within the Mukuru Group. The Company Secretarial Officer is responsible for managing the relationships with all internal and external stakeholders.
Internal Liaison takes place with various board members and shareholders. External liaison takes place with service providers, business partners and regulatory authorities.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To perform the full company secretarial function for all companies within the Mukuru Group
- Manage and maintain the corporate information database ensuring that information of all companies, directors and officers within the Mukuru Group is up to date at all times
- Manage and maintain the corporate governance database recording all relevant provisions relating to directors, shareholders, company secretary, auditors, etc. in each set of Articles of Association/Memoranda of Incorporation
- File all statutory returns and forms with the relevant juristic body in each jurisdiction and managing all processes involving such juristic body
- Carry out reviews of annual financials of each Mukuru Group Company to confirm shareholder and entity information
- To coordinate all administrative activities related to meetings of directors and shareholders
- Ensure proper recording and timely approval and circulation of all minutes of the meetings referred to above, highlighting action items to the responsible persons
- Draft and/or circulate and/or passing of Round Robin (Circular) Resolutions by Board of Directors
- To manage relationships with all internal and external stakeholders
- Compile and submit weekly and monthly reports
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Higher Certificate in Paralegal Studies or similar (Essential)
- Corporate Governance and Administration qualification (Essential)
- 5-10 years’ experience in corporate governance (Essential)
- Good understanding of corporate governance developments and the Companies Act, 2008 (Essential)
- Knowledge of corporate governance best practice
- Knowledge of related company legislation
- Knowledge of (international) Anti-Money Laundering and Countering Financing of Terrorism (AML/CFT) regulations
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Written & verbal communication skills
- Planning & Organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Corporate Governance Officer
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS