A new opportunity exists for a Corridor Champ to join our Sales Team for the Asian Corridor. This position is based in JHB.
The main purpose of this position is to oversee all the salespeople in their remit, in order to grow the Mukuru customer base, the conversion rate and the transactional volume in the corridor.
The Corridor Champ reports directly to the Sales Development Manager.
This position is responsible for ensuring that the entire corridor has all the required resources in order to promote Mukuru services, sign up new customers, increase conversions and overall transactional volume. The Corridor Champ is responsible and accountable for the overall effective functioning of the Sales teams in all areas and regions of that corridor. They are also responsible for monitoring the performance and targets of the corridor, managing their costs and achieving budgets.
Internal liaison takes place with Marketing, new Agents and Agent Support Consultants. External liaison takes place with customers.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
• To oversee the sales and targets in assigned corridor to ensure the customer base grows
• Obtain and monitor corridor sales stats from Head Office
• Motivate team in order to work towards sales targets
• To ensure effective cost management within corridor
• Manage own costs against allocated budget (as set by Sales Managers)
• Manage the resources within their corridor based on the budget
• Track own revenue against budgeted targets on a monthly basis
• To develop an awareness of the Mukuru brand and services
• Ensure sufficient stock of flyers and pamphlets are available for the corridor at all times
• Adhere to marketing calendar promotions, as well as additional carry out additional promotions throughout the year
• To increase the amount of conversions per month as well as the total amount of Rands remitted to corridor per month
• To create and submit weekly reports
• Monitor all sales activities in the corridor and report on all relevant information
• Collate all relevant information in the correct report template
• To conduct general people management functions to ensure the effective running of the corridor
• Resolve escalated HR and IR issues for all sales staff
• Ensure staff disciplinary hearings and dismissals are done efficiently and effectively
• Complete all required documentation and ensure contracts are in place for new staff
• Provide guidance, empowerment and enable sales staff within corridor
• Responsible for adherence to compliance rules and AML regulations
• Responsible for ensuring monthly AML and compliance training for the team
• Coach and mentor team
• Grade 12 equivalent or equivalent (Essential)
• Understanding and speaking of Urdu & Bangla
• Valid driver’s license/access to transport (Essential)
• 2 year’s Regional Sales Supervisor experience in a relevant region/corridor (Essential)
• Knowledge of Mukuru products and services
• Knowledge of FICA and CPA regulations
• Knowledge of sales practices in specific corridor
• Mobile telephone (and app) skills
• Verbal communication skills
• Selling skills
• Interpersonal skills
• People Management skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the subject heading: Corridor Champ (Asian Corridor)
If you do not receive a response after two weeks from application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS