Want to join a dynamic, close-knit company? Be part of one of Africa’s largest money transfer companies, enabling hundreds of thousands of people to remit vital support to their loved ones across the African continent and further afield. At Mukuru, we have a non-corporate office culture, and although it has a laid-back atmosphere, our highly driven and passionate teams thrive on taking ownership, pushing boundaries, seeing all projects through to completion, taking initiative and accountability for every decision – big and small!
If this type of culture and work ethos resonates with you, then you might the right fit for our InfoTech Project Manager role.
The role of the InfoTech Project Manager (“IT PM”) at Mukuru will span the full project lifecycle, which includes discovery, dev specification, understanding financial and operational requirements, managing multiple stakeholders, as well as reporting on project progress and KPI’s, so expect each day to be a little bit different and quite “hands on”. A unique requirement for this role is the ability to identify project or process gaps and solve for them – figure out what the process should be and implement it, while leaving some room to pivot or adapt when change comes.
Mukuru’s Project Management Office has a hybrid project management approach, in which we apply both Waterfall and Agile methodologies. Our environment is fast-paced and requires a PM that can think on his/her feet and not be overwhelmed by pressure. Being able to communicate articulately and command a room (meeting) is a must!
The IT Project Manager reports directly to the Head of Projects.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Plan, lead, organise and control multiple projects to ensure timeous delivery
- Co-ordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects, with a structured but agile approach
- Leading project planning sessions
- Optimising and improving processes and the overall approach where necessary
- Conducting project review and creating detailed reports for executive staff
- Ensure that all projects are delivered on-time, within scope and within budget
- Developing project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Ensure resource availability and effective resource allocation
- Develop a detailed project plan to track progress – regularly report back to PMO and stakeholders
- Use appropriate verification techniques to manage changes in project scope, schedule and costs
- Measure project performance using appropriate systems, tools and techniques
- Manage the relationship with the client and all stakeholders
- Perform risk management to minimize project risks
- Establish and maintain relationships with third parties/vendors
- Create and maintain comprehensive project documentation
- Coordinate internal resources and third parties/vendors for the successful execution of projects, with a structured but agile approach
- Develop project scopes and objectives, involving all relevant stakeholders and ensuring technical feasibility
- Coordinate communication between project stakeholders, team members and suppliers so as to ensure that project objectives are achieved
- Manage risks and issues on projects to mitigate negative impact on the project outcomes
- Ensure the timeous resolution of project queries and barriers for the project team
- Report on all project statuses
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- A degree in Technology, Social Informatics, Computer Science, or similar field (Essential)
- PMP / Prince II Certification (Desirable)
- 5+ years of experience working in IT and Project Management (Essential)
- Experience working in financial services, remittance, or similar industry (Desirable)
- Solid technical background, with hands-on experience rolling out large scale technology projects, which may include projects related to new system and tech product integrations, security, governance, and compliance.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Knowledge of the application of project management methodologies and standards
- Firm grasp of IT infrastructures and operational best practice
- Solid understanding of system integrations, tech product enablement, technical security implementation, centralized domain management
- Knowledge of payments and remittances
- Able to exercise independent judgment and act on it
- Excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent listening, interpersonal, written, and oral communication skills
- Solid organizational skills including attention to detail and multi-tasking skills
- Logical and efficient, with keen attention to detail
- Highly self-motivated and directed
- Ability to effectively prioritise and execute tasks while under pressure
- Strong customer service orientation
- Must be able to adapt quickly to change, be agile in approach, but thorough in execution
- Ability to communicate technical and complex concepts to stakeholders
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: IT Project Manager
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS