An opportunity is available for a Chinese Language Consultant to join Mukuru as a Service Provider.
To carry out market research into the Chinese Corridor as well as provide administrative support by means of translations and coordination of meetings.
The Language Consultant (Chinese) reports directly to the Business Development Manager, with indirect reporting to the Head of Marketing.
This position is responsible for executing both primary and secondary market research into the Chinese corridor. They are required to translate their research findings, as well as other required documentation. This position will extensively liaise with relevant stakeholders in order to gather information, set up meetings and coordinate communication.
Internal Liaison takes place with Business Development, Marketing and Sales. External liaison takes place with external stakeholders.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to):
- To carry out secondary research activities to gather relevant information regarding the Chinese Corridor
- Ensure all information is reliable by checking the validity of the reference source
- Compile and report on all relevant data in a usable format
- Conduct desktop research using internet resources
- To ensure information is accurately translated
- Translate communications, templates and other required documentation accurately
- To coordinate meetings with relevant stakeholders
- Set up meetings between internal parties and regulatory bodies, community members and other stakeholders
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 / or equivalent (Essential)
- Fluent in English and Mandarin (Essential)
- Market research experience (Essential)
- Proven track record of language translating (English to Mandarin) (Essential)
- Knowledge of market research principles and methodology
- Knowledge of primary and secondary research practices
- Computer skills
- Telephone skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills (English and Mandarin)
- Organisational & administrative skills Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Translation skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Heading: Language Consultant (Chinese)
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS