A new opportunity exists for a Management Accountant to join our Finance Team based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this role is to prepare and analyse the Group’s management accounts in order to provide effective management accounting reports that enable users to make informed business decisions
The Management Accountant reports directly to the Financial Manager.
This position is responsible for preparing accurate monthly consolidated financial statements. They are also required to build forecasting models. This position must complete the monthly VAT return for allocated company, processes the required journals at month-end and load all information on Xero accurately.
Internal Liaison takes place with the accounts and treasury team. External liaison is limited.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To create accurate monthly management accounts
- To create forecasting tools
- Monitor forecasting tools to ensure funds are optimized
- To review the bank accounts to ensure they are reconciled
- Identify potential problems and investigate the causes
- To manage the inter-account loans to ensure all transaction have been allocated correctly
- Review the statements of the different accounts at the end of every month
- To accurately balance all relevant recons monthly and check every payment made by the company
- To ensure that all journals are completed and accurately processed
- To accurately and timeously submit VAT returns for assigned companies on a monthly basis
- Assist with other accounting projects
- Assist with procurement
- Assist with audit related matters
- Drafting of AFS on Caseware
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Accounting qualification (Essential)
- 2 years’ experience in Financial accounting (Essential)
- Completed traineeship within and audit firm (Essential)
- Knowledge of IFRS and SA accounting practices
- Knowledge of relevant tax and VAT legislation
- Knowledge of forex regulations
- Knowledge of computerized accounting packages, ERP knowledge advantageous
- Knowledge of AFS drafting and Caseware
- Advanced MS Office
- Computer skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Analytical skills
- Self-starter and takes initiative
- Innovative and entrepreneurial
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Heading: Management Accountant
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS