We currently have an opportunity for 2x Market Developers to join our dynamic working environment that fosters continuous learning, growth and innovation.
This role is based in Cape Town and reports directly to the Market Development Manager.
The purpose of this position is to sustainably build the Mukuru Wallet & VAS business partners, regulators, service providers and customers.
The successful candidate will assist the Market Development Manager in executing the Wallet & VAS strategy, identifying and developing new business opportunities and managing existing business relationships. The Market Developer works across all areas of business as required to achieve the sustainable growth of their market.
Internal Liaison takes place across internal departments. External liaison takes place with partners, regulators, service providers and customers.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Drive market penetration of the Wallet & VAS business to deliver the budgeted targets for assigned markets
- Lead the acquisition of new customers, improve the retention of our existing customers and increasing the usage of our products
- Oversee the successful implementation of plans in conjunction with other departments
- Provide guidance and direction to project team members during the project
- Coordinate the project team’s activities and prioritize activities within projects
- Ensure the project plans include targets and measures, resource requirements and planned activities
- Identify and develop new business opportunities to expand the company
- Assist in the budgeting process, pricing, and partner management
- Understand the market dynamics to enable decision making
- Keep abreast the current future market trends and industry changes
- Identify competitors and keep up to date on their business models (e.g., suppliers, platforms, pricing, product offerings, customer retention strategies, etc.)
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Related Tertiary Qualification (Essential)
- Minimum 1 year’s work experience
- Experience in a business development role (Advantageous)
- Experience in Financial Services or similar industry (Desirable)
- Knowledge of payments and remittances
- Knowledge the marketing and sales process (B2C & C2C)
- Knowledge of contracts and commercial agreements
- Knowledge of operating license requirements
- Computer skills
- Verbal communication skills
- Selling skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
- Negotiation skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: Market Developer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response after two weeks of the closing date, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS