Two exciting opportunities are available for PHP Software Developers to join the team. Both positions are based in Rosebank, Johannesburg.
The main purpose of this position is to develop and maintain software solutions and/or applications, competently code, test and debug programs.
The PHP Software Developer reports directly to the Software Development Team Lead.
This position is required to complete the development tasks related to a project within the specified timelines. The focus is to convert tasks into programmes, thereby developing the IT language for a specific software application.
Internal Liaison takes place with internal teams, line manager and internal departments. External liaison is limited.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but are not limited to):
• To analyse specific requirements and translate it into workable solutions
• Obtain project specifications from the Team Lead and ensure understanding of specific project requirements
• Divide the work into smaller components to ensure the focus is on a specific area (in line with Scrum practice)
• To write code that is readable, maintainable, and reusable
• Participate in team code reviews
• To ensure that the code complies with original requirements through unit testing and demonstrations
• Tests own code and writes test when applicable
• Identifies problems and rectifies the mistakes/problems
• Run demos for the Team Lead as a further evaluation tool
• To manage own professional and self-development
• Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
• Formal programming qualification (Desirable)
• Knowledge of IT programming languages
• Knowledge of software development methodologies
• 4-12 years’ experience as a PHP developer
• Good knowledge of MySQL
• Understanding and some experience in Object Oriented Programming
• Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to work with others at all levels
• Multitasking skills
• Computer skills
• Time management skills
• Organisational & administrative skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Working within a structured delivery environment and in accordance with best practices & standards
• Ability to work remote as and when needed, with own reliable internet connection
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject heading: PHP Software Developer
If you do not receive a response after two weeks from application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS