An exciting opportunity exists for a Procurement Officer to join our team based in Zimbabwe.
The purpose of this role is to ensure efficient and strong operational resources for SMH business relationships.
The Procurement Officer reports directly to the Country Manager with a dotted line to the Finance Manager.
The successful candidate will be responsible for ensuring that procurement, logistics and administration, fixed assets management and Motor Vehicle management is done in line with Mukuru policies and procedures and best practice.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Coordinate and facilitate the procurement requirements of the SMH office on the basis of the procurement policy guidelines
- Creates purchase orders, ensuring relevant procurement procedures have been applied and all supporting documentation is attached
- Ensure three way matching of purchase order, Invoice and GRN including month end reconciliations and adjustments
- Logistics & administration
- Develop appropriate physical inventory count procedures, adapted to the local requirements of each site, with a strong accent on control and separation of duties
- Develop procedures for the disposal of fixed assets with a strong accent on appropriate approval levels and control over eventual sales values and resulting receipts
- Develop appropriate systems, policies and procedures for the management of the SMH’s assets, adapted to the specific needs of each site
- Responsible for managing the vehicle fleet
- Certificate in Purchasing and (CIPS) (Essential)
- 3years Procurement experience (Essential)
- Knowledge of procurement methodology
- Knowledge of logistics and administration processes
- Knowledge of motor vehicle management processes
- Excel spreadsheets
- Basic accounting including record-keeping
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to [email protected], with the Subject: Procurement Officer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS