An exciting opportunity exists for a Project Portfolio Manager to join the Cape Town Office.
The main purpose of this role is to manage multiple simultaneous projects spanning from: software product development, third party integrations, departmental efficiency improvements and operational efficiency improvements to ensure that they are delivered timeously, within budget and scope/working software and in line with Mukuru goals.
The Project Portfolio Manager reports directly to the HOD Strategy and Business Development.
This position is responsible for managing projects by constantly evaluating whether the project requirements are being delivered within the required time frames, budget and quality. The Project Portfolio Manager is responsible continuous stakeholder communication and managing the relationship between multiple stakeholders (across various departments). The Project Managers report directly to this position.
This role guides, supports and drives the team (various role players throughout the business – differing based on different projects) from a task perspective. The Project Portfolio Manager is dually accountable for managing products from inception to delivery, as well as ensure the same from their direct reports.
Internal liaison takes place with various departments and managers depending on the project scope. External liaison takes place with suppliers and 3rd parties.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To collaborate with various business teams in order to plan, lead, organise and control multiple projects to ensure timeous delivery
- Compile the required project plans related to a specific project which includes the work breakdown structure
- Manage the projects in line with the specified project plan and provide guidance and direction to project team members during the project
- To coordinate communication between project stakeholders, team members and suppliers to ensure that project objectives are achieved
- Ensure that the feedback tools are used by all stakeholders in order to identify problems proactively
- To manage risks and issues on projects to mitigate negative impact on the project outcomes
- Define key outcomes for each project and monitor these metrics to ensure effective delivery occurs
- Identify risks and issues that could impact the delivery of project outcomes
- Use creative thinking and innovation to implement corrective action when required
- Make adjustments to the project plan when required to ensure issues are addressed appropriately
- To ensure the timeous resolution of project queries and barriers for the project team
- To accurately analyse and report on all project statuses and identify strategic areas for improvement
- Coordinate the cross-functional teams’ weekly meetings
- Run the fortnightly PM call and business stand up
- To strategically manage projects through the development process
- Manage the develop of projects from inception to delivery
- To perform a general management function for the project management team
- Coach and mentor the Project Managers
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Tertiary qualification (Essential)
- PMP Qualification (Desirable)
- 5 years’ experience in project management methodology and standards (Essential)
- Management experience (Essential)
- Experience in either Business Development/Product Development or Business Analysis (Essential)
- Working with PM tools such as trello/asana/jira (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the application of PM methodologies and standards
- Knowledge of Business Development principles
- Knowledge of product development
- Knowledge of Business Analysis
- Knowledge of payments and remittances
- Knowledge of software capabilities
- Computer skills (Office suite)
- Verbal communication skills
- Presenting skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject: Project Portfolio Manager
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS