A new opportunity exists for a Reconciliations Administrator to join the Finance team in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to monitor the movements of money within the company accounts and create reconciliations to ensure all transactions balance.
The Reconciliation Administrator reports directly to the Senior Reconciliations Administrator.
This position is responsible for monitoring all the movements of the company accounts and PayOut partners in order to ensure they are reconciled. The Reconciliation Administrator liaises with the various partners to obtain monthly sign-off. They also provide ad hoc assistance to the Accountants.
Internal Liaison takes place with the Accounts and Treasury team. External liaison takes place with external partners.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to):
- To create reconciliation reports for all accounts to ensure accuracy
- Update the daily report sheets every morning
- To create a monthly sign-off summary for each partner to ensure both parties reconcile and agree
- Send the summary report to each partner to check and sign
- Ensure a signed copy is received back
- Liaise with the partners accounts department until agreement/sign-off is reached
- To create a monthly summary for the branch analysis
- Divide the transaction into daily and per teller
- Identify where any potential problems may arise
- To provide assistance to the Accounts team as and when required
- Prepare documentation required for month end reporting
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 / or equivalent (Essential)
- Degree/diploma (desirable)
- Understanding and speaking of a Zimbabwean/Malawian/oth er relevant language (Desirable)
- 2 – 3 years’ experience in the accounting field with an extensive experience on debtors and creditors reconciliations (Essential)
- Proven record of working on spreadsheets and knowledge of Excel formulae
- Experience with Valtari Software (Essential)
- Knowledge of accounting principles
- Knowledge of EFTS
- Knowledge of Mukuru products and Mukuru system (Advantageous)
- Knowledge of AML practices
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting
- Computer skills
- Verbal and Written communication skills
- Organisational & administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Time management skills
- Advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Problem solving skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Reconciliations Administrator
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS