An exciting opportunity exists to join our Development team as a Senior BI Analyst. This position will be based in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this role is to manage business data and reporting tools and analyse the information in order to identify actionable insights.
The Senior Business Intelligence Analyst reports directly to the Head of BI.
This position is responsible for conducting data analysis and overseeing and implementing reporting tools. The Senior BI analyst will train business users in reporting tools and providing decision support. The Senior BI analyst will effectively communicate and work with the business managers in implementing appropriate monitoring and measurement systems to track performance of initiatives and identifying opportunities and weaknesses. Take business problem, use statistical knowledge to analyse data to create hypothesis that business can trial / monitor.
Internal liaison takes place with all internal departments. External liaison takes place with third parties, as required.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To conduct business analytics in order to monitor and improve business processes
- To present information and conduct staff training
- Provides support to the user community in the use of BI tools and enterprise data
- To create accurate business requirements definitions
- Define the business requirements and translate them into technical specifications
- To design, implement and manage reporting systems in accordance with end-user application specification
- Identify and design new reporting solutions and improvements to existing tools
- Support current analytical and reporting tools including PowerBI and Microsoft tools
- To develop and build appropriate data models
- To effectively communicate with stakeholders
- Ensure thorough understanding of stakeholder questions and requirements
- Provide insight into requirements and respond appropriately
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Related tertiary qualification in computer science, statistics or commerce (Essential)
- 4 years data analytics or business intelligence experience (Essential)
- Relevant industry experience (Desirable)
- Knowledge of relational databases
- Knowledge of data warehousing
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Knowledge of the Mukuru products
- Knowledge of BI tools and decision support concepts
- Analytic skills
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication
- Presentation skill
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
- SQL skills
- Advanced Excel skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: Senior BI Analyst
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS