Mukuru is on the lookout for a Senior DevOps Engineer to join our IT Engineering team based in Cape Town.
This position forms part of the team that owns the strategic direction of Infrastructure development and DevOps processes. The role will oversee, build, iterate, secure & monitor our internal infrastructure and applications as well as our external integrations, to ensure efficient operations and systems recovery in the event of disaster.
The Senior DevOps Engineer reports directly to the Head of Development & Technology Solutions.
The successful candidate will be responsible for helping reach and maintain standards required to run an enterprise cloud deployment, for example ensuring infrastructure maintenance and processes adhere to ISO 27001. They are also responsible for researching new technologies and identifying ways to improve and optimise the current infrastructure.
Internal Liaison takes place within the IT team. External liaison takes place with 3rd parties.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Collaboratively manage all cloud infrastructure environments as part of the DevOps team
- Monitor the environments to ensure they are working effectively at all times
- Implement intrusion prevention & detection tools
- Ensure operating system and software installation and configuration are correct
- Proactively enhance & refine monitoring & alerting systems
- Identify ways to enhance the performance
- Ensure redundancy, failover and recovery of systems
- Collaborate and communicate effectively
- Ensure high-level design documentation & system diagrams are produced
- Attend & actively contribute in all relevant meetings in line with agile methodology
- Identify ways to resolve issues and to make the business more efficient and productive
- Knowledge and skill share and with DevOps engineers in the team
- Take strategic ownership of our internal Infrastructure
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Related tertiary qualification (Desirable)
- 7+ years’ experience in the DevOps / IT / SysAdmin space
- Solid experience in Linux administration (Essential),
- Experience with building PCI / ISO27001 systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge of agile and TDD methodology
- Knowledge of Cloud Technologies (AWS required, Azure & GCP desired)
- Knowledge of configuration management – puppet, chef, ansible, salt, VPN
- Knowledge of Scripting – bash,php, ruby, python
- Knowledge of config and monitoring of core apps: web servers, databases, messaging queues (e.g., apache, nginx, mysql, beanstalkd, rabbitmq)
- Knowledge of maintaining supporting applications – issue tracking (JIRA), CI (jenkins), logging (ELK), deployments (Capistrano)
- Knowledge of network management: DNS, routing, firewall, load balancing and proxy
- Knowledge of database hosting: primary and read replica design
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Analytical and problem solving skills
- Excellent debugging and troubleshooting skills
- Attention to detail
- Teamworking and collaboration
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: Senior DevOps Engineer
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS