The Project Management Team has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Project Portfolio Manager.
The main purpose of this role is to manage multiple simultaneous projects spanning from: software product development, third party integrations, departmental efficiency improvements and operational efficiency improvements to ensure that they are delivered timeously, within budget and scope/working software and in line with Mukuru goals.
The Senior Project Portfolio Manager reports directly to the HOD Strategy and Business Development.
This position is responsible for managing projects by constantly evaluating whether the project requirements are being delivered within the required time frames, budget and quality, including continuous stakeholder communication and managing the relationship between multiple stakeholders (across various departments). The Project Managers report directly to this position. This role guides, supports and drives the team (various role players throughout the business – differing based on different projects) from a task perspective. The Senior Project Portfolio Manager is dually accountable for managing products from inception to delivery, as well as ensure the same from their direct reports.
Internal liaison takes place with various departments and managers depending on the project scope. External liaison takes place with suppliers and 3rd parties.
Duties and responsibilities (includes but is not limited to):
- To collaborate with various business teams in order to plan, lead, organise and control multiple projects to ensure timeous delivery
- To coordinate communication between project stakeholders, team members and suppliers so as to ensure that project objectives are achieved
- To manage risks and issues on projects to mitigate negative impact on the project outcomes
- To ensure the timeous resolution of project queries and barriers for the project team
- To accurately analyse and report on all project statuses and identify strategic areas for improvement
- To strategically manage projects through the development process
- To perform a general management function for the project management team
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Tertiary qualification (Essential)
- PMP certification (Desirable)
- 5 years’ experience in project management methodology and standards (Essential)
- Experience in either Business Development/Product Development or Business Analysis (Essential)
- Working with PM tools such as Trello/Asana/Jira (Desirable)
- Knowledge of the application of PM methodologies and standards
- Knowledge of Business
- Development principles
- Knowledge of product development
- Knowledge of Business Analysis
- Knowledge of payments and remittances
- Knowledge of software capabilities
- Computer skills (Office suite)
- Verbal communication skills
- Presentation skills
- Time management skills
- Organisational and administrative skills
- Attention to detail
- Interpersonal skills
- Analytical skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send CV and cover letter to email@example.com, with the subject heading: Senior Project Portfolio Manager
If you do not receive a response after two weeks from application please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS