The Mukuru IT Operations Team is growing, and we are extremely excited to announce that a new opportunity has opened up. We are hiring for a Senior Systems Engineer – Microsoft Azure.
This candidate will report directly to the Head of IT Operations and Application Support. The ideal candidate is a strong Senior Azure Systems Administrator and interfaces regularly with other internal and external team members, DevOps Engineers, Software Developers, Product Owners, Information Security Engineers, Project Managers, 3rd Party Vendors, and is responsible for the optimisation, monitoring and support of internal and client facing systems in Azure, cloud-based technologies. He/she will have the skills required to provision, manage, monitor, optimise, and decommission Azure related services. Additional duties consist of Active Directory configuration, support and optimisation. This role is for someone that loves to be hands on in Microsoft and infrastructure technologies, enjoys working in cloud environments and wants to be part of an innovative and exciting organization.
The ideal candidate for this role must have a great amount: of creativity, people and technical skills, big picture thinking, energy, enthusiasm, solid work ethic and resilience to see things through to completion. Additionally, the ideal candidate for this role must have a deep passion for mentoring peers and junior team members by way of knowledge sharing.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- Act as subject matter expert on all things related to Microsoft Azure
- Provide guidance to business stakeholders on Microsoft Azure subscriptions and pricing models
- Provide technical guidance of 2nd line IT OPS support engineers, help ensure that project work is assigned to the team and they are given the means and tools to execute on this successfully, including mentorship.
- Investigate and resolve all support requests escalated by the 2nd line IT OPS support team
- Ensure knowledge transfer between parties is documented and well managed.
- Mentor peers as needed
- Provide comprehensive report on team performance
- Manage own professional and self-development
- Work effectively with other teams implementing strategies and technological solutions to increase productivity, and overall client experience
- Implement and influence recommendations within team and in other departments for improved efficiencies
- Provide project support for all related deployments, internal and 3rd party system integrations
- Effectively collaborate with 3rd party service providers and partners on all system issues and changes
- Provide support to Information Security team and ensure that all Microsoft Azure integrations and configurations are secure and in alignment with compliance requirements
- Effectively collaborate with internal Software Development, DevOps, Product and external service provider teams on the resolution of all system issues
- Proactively identify raise repeat system issues and effectively collaborate with Software Developers, DevOps, Product Owners and/or external service providers to implement permanent solutions
- Assist with planned maintenance tasks & Change Management
- Pro-active systems health monitoring i.e. Actively watching all systems monitoring dashboards and periodically conducting manual system health checks of key features across the Mukuru application landscape
- Communication – Proactively and accurately Inform all relevant parties of important system issues/changes/outages/updates etc.
- Consciously watch the game, and over time, provide insights and recommendations for improvement on processes, systems and support methods etc.
- Provide support on Infotech projects as needed
- Conduct periodic system access reviews and audits
- Adhere to standard operating procedures, quality control and security protocols and processes
- Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company products and services, stay updated with latest industry developments and trends
Qualifications and Experience:
- Minimum of 8 – 10 years experience as a Cloud Systems Administrator (Essential)
- BSc Computer Science Degree, IT Diploma, MCSE, Comptia Certification or similar (Desired)
- Experience in Systems Health Monitoring with tools similar but not limited to: Grafana, Sysaid, Nagios, SolarWinds et al. – Essential
- Knowledge of IT service management (ITSM) tools and processes (Essential)
- Knowledge of IT service management SLAs (Essential)
- Knowledge of ITIL or similar frameworks (Essential)
- Experience in collaborating with Software Developers, DevOps Engineers, Product Owners and Business (Essential)
- Strong experience in implementing, monitoring and maintaining Microsoft Azure solutions, including major services related to Compute, Storage, Network and Security
- Strong knowledge of Backup, Restore, Recovery and high availability strategies for Microsoft Azure environments.
- Strong knowledge of IaaS and PaaS services
- Windows Server and SQL database creation, configuration, upgrade, migration and patching
- Experience in troubleshooting and resolving Azure environment performance issues, connectivity issues, security issues, etc.
- Ability to identify and troubleshoot Azure server and SQL database related CPU, memory, I/O, disk space and other resources
- Strong understanding and background of working with a complex Active Directory, Azure AD, LDAP and the requirement of strictly following standards, procedures, and processes
- Advanced knowledge of DNS, DHCP, Kerberos and Windows Authentication
- Knowledge of network protocols such as: DNS, SMTP, SNMP, SSH, SFTP
- Knowledge of Network and TCP/IP routing/subnetting.
- Knowledge of Cisco network equipment/IOS: routing, switching, and firewalls a plus
- Knowledge of Windows operating systems.
- Working knowledge of VPN connectivity and client troubleshooting.
- Excellent PowerShell scripting skills
- Experience with Azure AD, Active Directory including managing/maintaining GPOs
- Experience with Infrastructure As Code principles and practices, Azure ARM templates etc.
Attributes and Skills:
- Excellent team player
- Passionate about knowledge sharing and mentoring junior colleagues as well peers as needed
- Can do attitude
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask effectively
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Ability to rapidly learn new systems and processes while working under pressure
- Accountability and ownership
- Passionate about company and personal growth, desire to go the extra mile
- Self motivated with excellent time management skills
- Ability to prioritise between important and urgent matters and take decisive action
- A never ending desire to learn and to share knowledge & skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Senior Systems Engineer – Microsoft Azure
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS