An exciting opportunity exists for a Software Development Team Lead to join our Rosebank branch.
The main purpose of this role is to manage the team of software developers in order to ensure the successful translation of complex requirements into maintainable code that can be adapted to the changing needs of business.
The Software Development Team Lead reports directly to the Head of Development and Technology Solutions.
This position is required to manage and lead a team of Software Developers to ensure the development tasks related to a project are completed within the specified timelines and in adherence to the Mukuru standards. They are responsible for driving and monitoring the development and delivery of multiple projects across the team and maintaining a high-level view of all project details within their team.
Internal Liaison takes place across the IT team as well as with project stakeholders. External liaison is limited.
Duties and Responsibilities (includes but is not limited to):
• To manage the team of software developers
• Allocate work to the relevant software developers based on the business priorities and architectural road-map
• Participate in all relevant planning meetings
• Direct team to work in the most optimal way within the current Agile Framework
• Provide technical guidance to software developers
• Liaise with the Product Owner to decide on releases and time-frames
• Take responsibility for the ultimate successful deployment of all projects within the team
• Ensure the overall quality of development and delivery
• Maintain aerial view on all details and aspects of project delivery
• Monitor and police the progress towards delivery dates and timelines
• To ensure effective delivery of multiple projects within the team
• Investigate support issues escalated by business
• To resolve issues and problems in the development process
• To maintain current and up-to-date knowledge and remain technically relevant
• Ensure a good understanding and knowledge of agile programming practices and industry standards. eg. XP, TDD, Pair programming, SOLID etc.
• To provide updates on progress and accurate reporting on the delivery of all projects
• Liaise with the relevant stakeholders regarding the development and delivery of projects
• Provide weekly reports to the Head of Development and Technology Solutions regarding all projects
• To perform general management functions to ensure the smooth running of the development team
• Provide team with clear performance standards
• Monitor staff compliance to HR policies and procedures
• Conduct the recruitment and promotion of staff in line with HR policies and procedures
• Effectively motivate and identify ways to develop the development team
• To manage own professional and self-development
• Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
• Formal programming qualification (Desirable)
• 2 years’ experience leading a team (Essential)
• +5 years’ experience as a PHP developer (Essential)
• +2 years’ experience as a .NET developer (Desirable)
• Experience in architecting, developing, testing, deploying systems (Essential)
• Knowledge of IT programming languages
• Knowledge of project management principles
• Knowledge of software development methodologies
• Specific knowledge of PHP and .NET programming
• Knowledge of Linux command line
• Knowledge of caching, revision control, message queues, issue tracking, monitoring, database transactions, testing
• Multitasking skills
• Computer skills
• Time management skills
• Organisational & administrative skills
• Attention to detail
• Analytical skills
• Working within a structured delivery environment and in accordance with best practices & standards
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject Heading: Software Development Team Lead
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS