An exciting opportunity exists for a Wallet Fraud Team Lead to join our Wallet & Vas department based in Cape Town.
The purpose of this position is to own all aspects of Financial Crime for Mukuru’s Wallet & VAS products, including but not limited to the assessment of risks, implementation of mitigating strategies, investigation, management, and reporting.
The Wallet Fraud Team Lead (WFTL) reports directly to the Head of Wallet & VAS.
This position leads our fight against financial crime from a Wallet & VAS perspective. The WFTL takes full responsibility for identifying and mitigating financial crime risks, identifying, investigating, and reporting incidences of crime, monitoring, and reporting suspicious transactions and building the capacity of the team. The Fraud Analysts and Fraud Controllers report directly to this position.
Internal Liaison takes place with the Wallet and VAS team and larger Financial Crime & AML team. External liaison takes place with product partners, SAPS and industry bodies.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To identify and monitor suspicious transactions and activity within the Wallet & VAS business
- Continually work to improve our capability, efficiency and effectiveness
- To investigate suspicious transactions and report cases of financial crime and money laundering within the Wallet & VAS business
- Participate in the deliberation process for financial crime/fraud cases
- Liaise with legal/regulatory entities, industry bodies and external partners as required
- To action all internal and regulatory reporting requirements effectively
- Produce accurate monthly reports that identifies areas of risk, investigations and outcomes and regulatory reporting done
- Monitor that the cash threshold report is automatically created daily
- To mitigate the likelihood and impact of money laundering and financial crime within the Wallet & VAS business
- Proactively identify potential loopholes that may allow fraudulent activities to take place
- Make recommendations to HOD Wallet & VAS for system, process or product changes to mitigate money laundering and financial crime that support business growth
- To ensure all non-remittance products remain compliant with all AML requirements
- To lead and manage the Financial Crime team within the Wallet & VAS business
- Coach, mentor and build capability within Wallet Fraud team
- Manage leave requests and HR related administration for all direct reports
- Achieve and maintain an internal NPS score of higher than 8
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Related tertiary qualification (Essential)
- Certified Anti-Money Laundering Specialist (CAMS qualification) (Desirable)
- Certified Fraud Examiner (Desirable)
- 3 years’ experience in a Financial Crime related environment within a financial institution (Essential)
- Compliance experience in banking, SARB or FIC (Desirable)
- Knowledge of AML activities and processes
- Knowledge of suspicious transactions
- Knowledge of regulatory reporting activities
- Knowledge of fraudulent activities
- Knowledge of Payment Systems
- Knowledge of FAIS requirements
- Knowledge of SARB, FIC protocols
- Computer literate (MS Office)
- Written & verbal communication skills
- Planning & Organising skills
- Attention to detail
- Analysis and Judgement
- Interpersonal skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to email@example.com, with the Subject Heading: Wallet Fraud Team Lead
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS