- A premium is due on the debit date. Failure to pay a premium, subject to a grace period of 15 days, will result in the policy lapsing and all benefits being cancelled.
- Premiums are guaranteed for the first twelve (12) months from the Commencement Date and thereafter may be reviewed annually by the Insurer and may be amended or changed, based on the following factors: past and future expected economic factors (for example, but not limited to, interest rates, tax and inflation), past and future expected lapse experience, past and future expected mortality experience, expected future reinsurance, any regulatory and legislative changes impacting this Policy or any other factor impacting the premium that the Insurer deems material at the time. If there will be any premium increase after the first year, you will be informed with a 31-day notice period and this notice will also confirm what increase if any will take place on the benefits.
- You have a 31-day cooling-off period during which you can cancel the policy for any reason.
- A Six (6) month waiting period for natural causes is applicable on the single, family and additional children options as per the Mukuru Funeral Plan.
- A Six (6) month waiting period for natural death is applicable on the extended family option. Only one policy is allowed per main insured.
- Maximum entry age of main member is 65 years.
- Maximum entry age of extended family member is 85 years.
- Spouse (max 1) – The legal or common-law partner.
- Child (max 4) – Natural, adopted, stepchild or dependent child under the age of 21 and is under the care of the main member.
- The age of the child may be extended to 25 in respect of an unmarried child who is a full-time student (proof of registration needs to be provided by the educational institution).
- Extended family (max 6) – Additional spouse/s, brothers, sisters, uncles, aunts, nephews and nieces. The maximum entry age for an extended family member is 85 years on his/her current birthday.
- Nominated Beneficiary – The person nominated by the Main Member to receive the benefits on the death of the Main Member. In all other instances, the Main Member will be the beneficiary.
- Pay-out within 48 hours after submission of a valid claim and supporting documentation.
- All claims must be submitted within 180 days of the occurrence of death.
- Claims procedure – Contact Mukuru on 086 001 8556 or e-mail [email protected] The Claims Department will need the following to start processing a claim: *The deceased member’s policy number. *Date and cause of death. *All relevant documentation, signed and certiﬁed by a Commissioner of Oaths, e.g. bank manager or police ofﬁcer as per requirements on the claim form. Alternatively, contact Siyavika Risk Solutions (Pty) Ltd to claim: 086 679 0109 | [email protected]
- Complaint procedure – You are requested to submit any complaint in writing to [email protected], or by making use of the query telephone number at the back of the brochure. If you are not satisﬁed with the outcome of the complaint, please follow the procedure on the FAIS Disclosure provided with your welcome pack. Alternatively, you can submit a complaint to Siyavika Risk Solutions (Pty) Ltd on 086 177 4688 or [email protected]
- Inception is subject to ﬁrst premium paid.
Note: Disclosure of inaccurate information at application stage may inﬂuence your claim pay-out
Exclusions: All benefits exclude suicide for the first 12 months from the policy commencement date.
|YOUR INTERMEDIARY||Your Underwriting Manager / Administrator|
|Business Name: Mukuru Financial Services (Pty) Ltd. Reg: 2008/025860/07 Physical & Postal Address: Waverley Business Park, Building 20, Unit 101, Wyecroft Road, Observatory, Cape Town Telephone: 086 001 5556 E-mail: [email protected] FAIS registration (FSP No): 45517 Claim Contact Details & Procedure: 086 001 5556 Complaints Contact Details: 286 001 8555 Compliance Officer: Mr P Coetzee Conflict of Interest: Mukuru has a policy in place and is available on request. Professional Indemnity and/or Fidelity Cover: Mukuru has a PI & Fidelity cover in place.||Business Name: Siyavika Risk Solutions (Pty) Ltd, Reg 2002/010812/07 Physical address: Alenti Office Park, Building G, Witherite Road, The Willows, 0040 Postal Address: PO Box 1463, Faerie Glen, Pretoria, 0043 Telephone: 086 177 4688 E-mail: [email protected] FAIS registration (FSP No): 44999 Claim Contact Details & Procedure: 086 177 4688 Complaints Contact Details: 086 177 4688 Compliance Officer: Mrs G Beukes Conflict of Interest: Siyavika has a policy in place and is available on request. Professional Indemnity and/or Fidelity Cover: Siyavika Risk Solutions has Professional Indemnity Cover & Fidelity Guarantee cover in place.|
|Your Insurer||Premiums||Other Matters|
|Business Name: Guardrisk Life Limited. Reg: 1999/013922/06 Physical Address: The Marc, Tower 2, 129 Rivonia Road, Sandton, 2196 Postal Address: PO Box 786015, Sandton,2146 Telephone: 011 669 1000 E-mail: [email protected] FAIS registration (FSP No): 76 Complaints Contact Details: 086 033 3361 Complaints E-mail: [email protected] Compliance E-mail: [email protected] Conflict of Interest: Guardrisk has a conflict-of-interest management policy in place and is available on the website: www.guardrisk.co.za Professional Indemnity and/or Fidelity Cover: Guardrisk Life Limited has Professional Indemnity Cover & Fidelity Guarantee cover in place.||Manner of payment of premium is based on transaction concluded.||You will be informed of any material changes to the information about the Intermediary, Insurer and or Underwriting Manager provided above. If We fail to resolve Your complaint satisfactorily, You may submit Your complaint to the Ombudsman of Long-Term Insurance.|
Waiver of Rights
No insurer and/or intermediary may request or induce in any manner a client to waiver any right or benefit conferred on the client by/or in terms of any provisions of the said Code, or recognise, accept, or act on any such waiver by a client. Any such waiver is null and void
|Particulars of the Long-Term Insurance Ombudsman (for claims or services related matters)||Particulars of the Financial Sector Conduct Authority (for market conduct matters)|
|Postal Address: Private Bag X45, Claremont, Cape Town, 7700 Telephone: 021 657 5000 Share call : 086 010 3236 Fax Number: 021 274 0951 Email: [email protected]||Postal Address: PO Box 35655, Menlo Park, 0102 Telephone: 012 428 8000 Fax Number: 012 347 0221 Email: [email protected]|
|Particulars of FAIS Ombudsman (for advice/Policy related matters)||Particulars of the Information Regulator (for personal information breaches)|
|Postal Address : PO Box 74571, Lynnwood Ridge, 0040 Telephone : 012 470 9080 Fax Number : 012 348 3447 Email : [email protected]||Postal Address : PO Box 31533, Braamfontein, Johannesburg, 2017 Telephone : +27-010-023-5200 Cell Number : +27-082-746-4173 Email : [email protected]|