Mukuru Money Card
All our South African clients qualify for a Mukuru Money debit card. If you already have a bank account Mukuru Money can be used as a secondary account to manage your money transfers.
With a Mukuru Money Card you can:
Send Money Safely
Withdraw at ATMs
Swipe at Retailers
How do I load my Mukuru Card?
For cash deposits at Shoprite / Checkers / Usave, please follow the steps below:
- Make a deposit wiCode request by dialing *130*567# and choose the card option or via the Mukuru App
- You will receive a SMS with a wiCode
- Simply walk into any Shoprite / Checkers / Usave and load your card using the wiCode
- Funds are instantly loaded onto your Mukuru Card
(wiCode is valid for 72 hours)
Read more about How to Load your Mukuru Card.
For EFT deposits, please use the details below:
- Bank Name: Bank of Athens
- Beneficiary Name: (Your name)
- Account Number: 11 digit unique Mukuru Money number
- Branch Code: 410506
Please note that the Mukuru Money Number is NOT an account number. It is your unique customer number linked to your debit card.
Where do I find my 11 digit unique Mukuru Money number?
Dial *130*567# and choose the card option, call 086 001 8555 or via the Mukuru App.
This account DOES NOT SUPPORT:
- Direct Debit
- Internet Banking
- Online Payments
- International Bank Transfers
- Wire transfers to other banks
Frequently Asked Questions about the Mukuru Card
How do I activate my Mukuru card?
Option 1: EFT transfer of at least R100 using your 11 digit unique Mukuru Money number into Bank of Athens.
Option 2: Cash deposit using a wiCode at any Shoprite / Checkers / Usave by dialing *130*567# and requesting a wiCode on your phone.
How do I check my balance?
- SMS your card number to 34246.
- View your balance at an ATM.
- Dial *130*567# and follow the prompts.
How do I buy airtime?
How do I send money internationally and locally?
How do I set my USSD Secret Pin for my phone?
How do I reset my Mukuru Card ATM Pin?
What do I do if my card is stolen, lost or my PIN is compromised?
Dial *130*567#, choose card option and follow the options to stop your card. If you experience a problem using USSD: Call 086 001 8555 (Call centre office hours only) or call 086 111 5196 (between 09h00 – 23h00).
- Please note that if the call centre is experiencing high call volumes it might delay your card being stopped.
- Your card is like cash. If it is stolen, you will lose the funds in your card.
How long does it take to load funds on my card?
If my card is blocked when money is transferred how do I get my money?
If my employer does not use the correct details is my money lost?
Can I deposit cheques into my card and how long do they take to clear?
What happens if my employer wants a refund?
I had a payment made for me a long time ago. Can I still get my funds?
How can I get my statement and EFT details?
What happens if I have no money for the card fees?
How do I unblock my card?
What happens if more than R10000 is transferred for me?
Can I use my card outside SA?
Can I get payment from outside SA?
Can I transfer funds to another Mukuru Card Holder?
How will I know if there is money loaded onto my card?
What do I do if there is money missing from my card?
- Once off activation fee: R50.00
- Card Load Fee: R4.70 per load
- Cash deposit at bank: R5 + 1.95%
- Monthly fee: R25.00
- Standard Bank ATM Transaction: R10.09
- Other Bank’s ATM Transaction: R17.65
- Standard Bank ATM balance enquiry: R3.03
- Other Bank’s ATM balance enquiry: R4.49
- Pin Reset Fee: R5.55
- Point of sale transaction at merchants: FREE
- Cashback with withdrawals at retailers
- per cashback where there is a purchase with the cashback: R2.62
- per cashback where no purchase is performed: R3.38
- SMS balance enquiry fee: R2.02
Maximum balance per card: R10 000
- (Balance on the card should not exceed R10 000 at any given point.)
Maximum monthly load per card: R25 000
- (Maximum load per card per month should not exceed R25 000)
Maximum daily ATM withdrawal per card: R4 000
- POS transactions are unlimited
- Minimum deposit of R100
- (Balance on your card should not exceed R10 000 at any given point.)
- You must sign the back of the card in ink immediately when you receive it.
- When using POS devices, always check that the card returned to you is yours.
- Report lost or stolen cards or those not returned by calling 086 001 8555. Similarly, if your PIN has been compromised, stop your card immediately.
- Only enter your PIN when prompted to do so by the POS device.
- Do not disclose your PIN number/s to anyone.
- To reset your USSD secret PIN, call 086 001 8555 or chat to a consultant on our Mukuru App for assistance.
- You must memorise your PIN or keep a record of it in a safe place, separate from your card. Do not give your PIN to anyone (even family members).
- You must keep us updated with your personal information so you can continue to receive product updates.
- For further information, consult the Mukuru Card Terms and Conditions