An opportunity exists for a BI Technical Business Analyst to join the Cape Town Office.
The main purpose of this position is to facilitate the analysis of business problems, needs, and opportunities to determine how best to solve business problems and improve business processes through the use of BI data and tools.
The BI Technical Business Analyst reports directly to the Head of BI.
This position is required to conduct detailed analysis based on business problems that exist in order to recommend the appropriate action required to address the problem by using business intelligence data, dashboards and tools. The BI Technical Business Analyst creates accurate business requirements definitions in order to monitor and improve business processes. The BI Business Analyst is responsible for data analysis and specifications in the technology territory, working closely with developers and business to execute their plans and coordinate activities.
Internal Liaison takes place with internal departments and IT. External liaison takes place with 3rd party suppliers.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To analyse business problems in order to create accurate business case solutions for the BI team
- Conduct requirement workshops with stakeholders regarding business problems
- Engage with the business stakeholder to interpret and analyse results, and provide feasible solutions
- To conduct business analytics in order to monitor and improve business processes
- Monitor and analyse operational data and reports to identify opportunities and improvement suggestions
- Data analysis and effective presentation of results to stakeholders
- Provide ongoing support where changes to solutions or fault-finding is necessary
- To create accurate business requirements definitions
- Design data warehouse flows and schemas based off analysis, including staging, fact, dimensions, and cubes and reporting models in the semantic layer
- To create user and training documentation
- Draft training material and manuals for new systems/updates
- Complete the required project administration related to projects
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Bachelor’s degree in Engineering/IT/Computer Science/Information Systems or a similar discipline (Essential)
- 2-4 years of experience within a data centered role (Essential)
- Relevant industry experience (Desirable)
- Proficiency in software tools (Word, PPT, Excel, Power BI, Visual Studio, SQL Management Studio, etc.) and technical agility essential
- Knowledge of data analytics
- Knowledge of the Mukuru products
- Knowledge of BI tools and decision support concepts
- Knowledge of ETL and data analysis with focus on data integrity
- Knowledge of Microsoft Enterprise BI (SSIS, SSAS, etc.) software (Desirable)
- Knowledge of Microsoft BI Products (Power Pivot or Power BI, SQL Server, SSAS, Etc.
- Knowledge of relational databases, database development and data reporting software
- Analytic skills
- Computer skills
- Verbal and written communication
- Presentation skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Attention to detail
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: BI Technical Business Analyst
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS