Mukuru is an Africa-focussed FinTech company that enables safe, affordable, reliable financial services to underserved communities. With over 40 million cross-border transactions over the last decade, we are one of Africa’s largest remittances-led FinTech’s. Our remittance service offers customers the opportunity to send money to their relatives or friends across Africa, Europe and Asia.
Additionally, we offer our customers critical financial services such as Funeral Cover, The Mukuru Money Card and payment solutions for businesses in emerging markets.
An exciting opportunity exists for a Business Development Manager to join Operations team based in UK.
The purpose of this position is to formulate growth strategies, establish partnerships, and identify ways to expand and enhance the UK and EU business and manage the daily operations, staff, consultants and sales agents across the UK and EU.
The Business Development Manager UK & EU reports to the Head of Strategy and Business Development.
There is frequent interaction with the CEO given the strategic nature of the territory. This position is responsible for managing the overall functioning of the entire UK and EU operation and identifying opportunities for expanding, enhancing, and developing the business. The position is also responsible for overseeing the operations, sales, marketing, technical, human resources as well as reporting functions. At its heart it is an entrepreneurial role, requiring dexterity of approach and skill set, designed to drive strong performance from a fast-growing territory that connects into the already established payments network.
Internal Liaison takes place with internal staff, business development, IT, Marketing and Finance teams. External liaison takes place with service providers, regulatory bodies, and payment partners. Comfort dealing across multicultural teams is a must, as is comfort with occasional travel in Africa and other emerging markets.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To manage the overall daily operation of the UK operation
- Make strategic decisions to improve the overall efficiency of the UK and Europe money transfer service
- Identify ways to increase overall revenue and decrease expenditure while not compromising on customer service
- Develop high-level operational budgets and manage expenses against budgets
- Ensure valid and current licenses and bank account requirements are in place and maintained
- To manage and build effective strategic relationships
- Keep abreast of remittance developments within the UK and EU money transfer service
- To identify opportunities to expand and develop business within UK
- To oversee the sales and marketing function for the UK operation
- To create and present reports on the UK operation
- Provide all required reporting for statutory and regulatory boards timeously and accurately
- To oversee and coordinate the technical aspects of the UK operations
- Provide integral input into App and website development for the UK and EU money transfer service
- To perform general people management functions
- Ensure accurate organizational structures are in place for the UK and EU money transfer service
- Oversee recruitment, training, and onboarding
- To conduct performance management functions to ensure effective running of the departments
- Monitor team members performance and targets
- Coach and mentor staff when required
- A Level or equivalent (Essential)
- Tertiary qualification (Essential)
- MBA or relevant master’s degree (Desirable)
- 8 years’ experience in the Financial / Foreign Exchange / Money transfer / FinTech Industries (Essential) Of which 3 years is management experience (Essential)
- Commercial management (Essential)
- Sales and / or business development experience (Essential)
- Knowledge of foreign exchange principles
- Knowledge of strategic principles
- Knowledge of remittance processes and systems
- Knowledge of customer service principles
- Knowledge of foreign currencies
- Knowledge of relevant regulatory and statutory requirements
- Knowledge of financial reporting knowledge of HR principles
- Knowledge of Sales principles
- Analytical skills
- Multitasking skills
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Time management skills
- Conflict management skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Leadership skills
- Coaching and mentoring skills
- Presentation skills
- P&L management skills
- Computer skills in Excel, MS Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft office and Outlook
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to [email protected], with the subject heading: Business Development Manager UK & EU
If you do not receive a response after two weeks from application, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS