An exciting opportunity exists for a DevOps Engineer to join our Development Team. This position will be based in Cape Town.
The main purpose of this position is to build, iterate, secure & monitor our internal infrastructure and applications as well as our external integrations, to ensure efficient operations and systems recovery in the event of disaster.
The DevOps Engineer reports directly to the Technology Team Lead.
This position is responsible for monitoring the environments, systems and software to ensure the overall functioning of the infrastructure. They are also responsible for resolving issues and identifying ways to improve the current infrastructure.
Internal Liaison takes place within the IT team. External liaison takes place with 3rd parties.
Duties and Responsibilities (include but is not limited to):
- To collaboratively manage all environments as part of the DevOps team
- Ensure the pre-production and production environments are managed
- To ensure operating system and software installation and configuration are correct
- To monitor systems for availability and performance
- Identify ways to enhance the performance
- To ensure redundancy, failover and recovery of systems
- To collaborate and communicate with the developers effectively
- Attend all relevant meetings in line with agile methodology
- Identify ways to resolve issues and to make the business more efficient and productive
- Research new technologies and make recommendations
- Implement new technologies to enhance infrastructure
- To manage own professional and self-development
- Grade 12 or equivalent (Essential)
- Related tertiary qualification (Desirable)
- Junior: 2+ Years’ experience / Senior: 5+ years’ experience which includes: Administration of Linux environments (Essential), Solid expert level Linux experience (Essential) and Experience with building PCI systems (Desirable)
- Knowledge of agile and TDD methodology
- Knowledge of AWS Cloud Technologies
- Knowledge of configuration management – puppet, chef, ansible, salt, VPN
- Knowledge of Scripting – bash, php, ruby, python
- Knowledge of config and monitoring of core apps: web servers, databases, messaging queues – apache, nginx, mysql, beanstalkd, rabbitmq
- Knowledge of maintaining supporting applications – issue tracking (JIRA), CI (jenkins), logging (ELK), deployments (Capistrano)
- Knowledge of network man: DNS, routing, firewall, load balancing and proxy
- Knowledge of DBA: pointin-time backups, replication, performance tuning
- Verbal and written communication skills
- Multitasking skills
- Analytical and problem-solving skills
- Diagnostic skills
If you are interested in this opportunity, kindly send your CV to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the Subject: DevOps Engineer
If you do not receive any response after two weeks, please consider your application unsuccessful.
NB: ALL STAFF APPOINTMENTS WILL BE MADE WITH DUE CONSIDERATION OF THE COMPANY’S EE TARGETS