Terms & Conditions for the Zimbabwe Back 2 School Campaign
- The Zimbabwe Back 2 School Campaign (“the Campaign”) is being run by Mukuru Africa (Pty) Ltd with registration number 2013/003424/07 (applicable to Mukuru Customers residing in Africa) and Remitix Limited with Registration number 5270734 (applicable to Mukuru Customers residing in the EU or UK) (“Mukuru”) from 8 March 2021 to 31 March 2021 (“the Campaign Period”) subject to these specific terms and conditions and the general terms and conditions for competitions and campaigns which can be found at www.mukuru.com (“Competition Ts & Cs”).
- By participating in the Campaign, you confirm that you have read and agree to be legally bound by the Competition Ts & Cs.
- If you have any questions about the Competition Ts & Cs or the Campaign itself, please contact us by email at firstname.lastname@example.org (weekdays during office hours 08h00 – 17h00).
- Campaign Entry Requirements:
- In order to enter the Campaign, you must:
- be a registered Mukuru Customer; and
18.104.22.168 an amount of your choice;
22.214.171.124 from South Africa, Botswana, Zambia, Malawi, Zimbabwe or UK;
126.96.36.199 to a recipient in Zimbabwe;
188.8.131.52 using the Mukuru Service;
184.108.40.206 during the Campaign Period.
- Persons who fulfil the requirements of clause 2.1 above will be referred to as “Qualifying Participants” for the purposes of the Campaign.
- Winner selection and prizes
3.1 There will be six (6) daily winners (randomly selected from the Qualifying Participants) during the Competition Period. There will thus be forty-two (42) weekly winners.
3.2 From the six (6) daily winners, one (1) randomly selected Qualifying Participant will win back the amount of his/her last send via Mukuru and five (5) randomly selected Qualifying Participants will win a stationary pack to the value of USD15, for the Zimbabwean recipient of the winner’s choice.
3.3 Winners will be selected and announced each week on 15, 22, 29 March 2021 and 1 April 2021.
- Announcement of winners
- The winners will be contacted telephonically (if available) and will be announced on Mukuru’s social media platforms;
- If Mukuru is unable to transfer the prize to you within 4 (four) days, then the prize will be forfeited.
- Collection of prizes
5.1 For each winner who receives a cash prize, such amount will be paid into the winner’s bank account. The cash prize will be converted (on the date on which the winners are announced) into the official currency of the country in which the winner is located.
5.2 Alternatively, the winner of a cash prize may choose to remit the cash prize to a recipient of his/her choice in applicable countries, using the Mukuru Service.
5.3 If the cash prize is remitted using the Mukuru Service to a recipient, the cash prize will be converted (on the date on which the winners are announced) into the official currency of the country in which the recipient is located.
5.4 For each winner who wins a stationary pack to the value of USD15, Mukuru will create a “mukuru groceries order” in the name of the recipient chosen by the winner (recipient must reside in Zimbabwe). The recipient must at own cost collect the stationary pack in Zimbabwe, from Mukuru’s groceries partner Metro Peech & Browne Wholesalers. The recipient must collect the stationary pack within three (3) months from the date of creation of the “mukuru groceries order”, failing which the prize will be forfeited.
- Mukuru employees will not be allowed to enter the competition.
- Qualifying Participants must be 18 years or older.
- Qualifying Participants cannot win more than once during the Competition Period.
- If for any reason, the Campaign cannot run as planned because of any technical failures, unauthorised intervention, computer virus, mobile network failure, tampering, fraud or any other causes beyond our control which corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of the Campaign, we reserve the right to cancel, terminate, modify, suspend or cancel the Campaign and/or to disqualify any individual who (whether directly or indirectly) causes (or has caused) the problem.
- Mukuru may vary the terms of or cancel the Campaign at any time. Mukuru may vary or cancel the Campaign at any time without any liability to any person involved directly or indirectly in the Campaign.
- The stationary pack prizes are not transferrable for cash or other.
- Mukuru cannot be held liable for any loss, expense or damage to any person participating in the Campaign.
- A failure by Mukuru to enforce any one of the terms and conditions in any instance(s) will not give rise to any claim or right of action by any Qualifying Entrant. If Mukuru does not enforce a provision, this will not mean that Mukuru has given up on or lost any rights.
- Mukuru will not assume any liability to any participant, or Qualifying Entrant in connection with or arising out of the Campaign however it is caused, including for any costs, expenses, forfeited rewards, damages and other liabilities
- These Competition Terms and Conditions are governed by the laws of South Africa.