Terms and Conditions of Website Use
Access to and use of the Mukuru.com (Remitix) site is subject to the following terms and conditions:
- Remitix Limited is the licensed and regulated entity providing the money transfer service in partnership with the Mukuru brand. All processing of money transfers is solely the responsibility of Remitix Limited.
- Remitix Limited is a company incorporated and licensed under the laws of the United Kingdom, engaged in the provision of Payment Services with its Head Office located at:The Counting House
Church Farm Business Park
Bath BA2 9APEmail: email@example.com www.remitix.com
Tel: +44 (0) 20 7 183 6202
- The company is established in the UK with company number 05270734 and is a money service business registered with HM Revenue and Customs No. 12234310. Remitix Ltd is authorised by the Financial Conduct Authority under the Payment Services Regulations 2009, registration number 576623
Money transfer and the Payment Services Regulations
- The Payment Services Regulations 2009 (SI 2009/209) (“the Regulations”) govern the transfer of money to recipients within the European Economic Area (being all members states of the European Union, together with Norway, Iceland and Liechtenstein), where the transfer of funds is carried out in Euros, Sterling or the currency of another EEA state which has not adopted the Euro a its currency. The Regulations set down some rules applicable where we are requested to send on funds after the completion of a Transaction. We can provide you with further details of these rules should you require them
We value all our customers and take our obligations seriously. We have established internal procedures for investigating any complaint that may be made against us in relation to any Money Transfer. In accordance with our complaints procedure, any complaint you may make relating to any Money Transfer must be made or confirmed to us in writing to Head of Client Services at Remitix Ltd, THE COUNTING HOUSE, CHURCH FARM BUSINESS PARK, CORSTON, BATH BA2 9AP or by electronic message to firstname.lastname@example.org. We shall investigate your concerns and respond to you promptly. If you are still dissatisfied following our response to any complaint, you may have a right to refer your complaint concerning the Money Transfer to the Financial Ombudsman Service, South Quay Plaza, 183 Marsh Wall, London E14 9SR. If you would like further details of our complaints policy relating to Money Transfers please contact our Head of Client Services.
Copyright © Remitix. All rights reserved. All copyright and other intellectual property rights in all text, images, sounds, software and other materials on this site are owned by Remitix, or are included with permission of the relevant owner. References to affiliates or affiliated companies shall include all members of Remitix.
No reproduction of any part of the site may be sold or distributed for commercial gain, nor shall it be modified or incorporated in any other work, publication or site. No other licence or right is granted.
- Your information and activity on this site must not: be false, inaccurate or misleading; be in breach of any applicable laws, regulations, licences, or third party rights; interfere in any way with the proper working of the site and in particular you must not circumvent security, tamper with, hack into or disrupt the operation of the site or surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information as defined in the Data Protection Act 1998.
- This site is intended normally to be available 24 hours a day and 7 days a week. Remitix will not be liable for any failure to achieve this level of availability. The site may be suspended temporarily and without notice, in circumstances of system failure, maintenance or repair or for reasons beyond the control of Remitix. You agree to fully reimburse Remitix in respect of all losses, costs, actions, claims, and liabilities incurred by Remitix or its affiliates as a result of any breach or non-observance by you of these terms or any data submitted by you to us.
- Remitix will make all reasonable attempts to exclude viruses (and similar destructive devices) from the site but cannot guarantee the exclusion of viruses (and similar destructive devices) and you should take appropriate steps in respect of this risk.
At various points throughout the site you may be offered automatic links to other internet sites relevant to a particular aspect of this site. This does not indicate that Remitix are necessarily associated with any of these other sites or their owners. While it is the intention of Remitix that you should find these other sites of interest, neither Remitix nor affiliates nor their employees shall have any responsibility or liability of any nature for these other sites or information contained in them.
These terms shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English Law and each party to these terms submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English Courts.
Our services are not available to, and may not be used by, persons under the age of 18 years or to temporarily or indefinitely suspended Remitix members. If you are under 18 years old, you can use this service only in conjunction with and under the supervision of a parent or guardian. If you do not qualify, please do not use our services.
- License:To enable Remitix to use Your Information*, you grant us a non-exclusive, world-wide, perpetual, irrevocable, royalty-free, sub licensable (through multiple tiers) licence to exercise the copyright, trade mark, publicity, and database rights you have in Your Information, in any media now known or not currently known. You also waive all moral rights you have in Your Information to the fullest extent permitted by law.“Your Information” is defined as any information you provide to us or other users in relation to the Remitix service including the registration, purchasing, forwarding or feedback process (including, without limitation, any description of items listed), your postings on the message boards and any other content that you post within the Site. You are solely responsible for Your Information.
- Transfer of Data:We view protection of users’ privacy as a very important community principle. Please note that Your Information will be stored and processed on our computers in the United Kingdom. The laws on holding personal data in the United Kingdom may be less stringent than the other regional laws but Remitix will hold and transmit Your Information in a safe, confidential and secure environment. If you object to your Information being transferred or used in this way please do not register.
- Credit/Debit card details:Please note that for the protection of our customers Remitix are unable to see or use your card details as they are captured on a separate secure server by our card authorisation partner. Therefore card payments will only be processed with the authorisation of the card holder and card details will be required for all transactions.
Due to HMRC UK Laws and Regulations, Remitix is obligated to obtain a copy of our customer’s passport (photo page) as well as proof of address once their accumulated expenditure has reached a certain level. Unfortunately faxed copies of such documents are unacceptable by UK law – so the following options are available:
- ScanYour passport page and proof of address (utility bill, phone bill) and email the images to email@example.com. NB If you would like to use a debit or credit card then please send a picture of your actual card with the name at the bottom showing – we require you to block out / tape over the 16 digit card number or expiry information.
- PhotoTake a digital picture of the documents and email them to firstname.lastname@example.org.
User ID (Username) and Passwords
You must choose a User ID and password on completion of online registration. You are responsible for all actions taken under that User ID and password and shall only use or utilise the site using your own User ID and password. You must use every effort to keep your password safe and should not disclose it to any other person. You shall not transfer or sell your User ID to any other person. You shall also not permit, either directly or indirectly, any other person to utilise your User ID or password.
Fees / Charges
Registration with Remitix is free of charge.
- SA Money TransferCharges applied to SA Transfers after Supplying Incorrect Details:
- If payment is instantly rejected by your recipient’s bank and returned into our agents account, the minimum charge of R115.00 will apply, these charges are subject to your recipient’s bank.
- If the recipient’s bank holds funds in their suspense account and a recall needs to be submitted by our agents bank, then a minimum charge of R210.00 will apply, these charges are subject to your recipient’s bank.
- If funds are sent to an incorrect account (incorrect account details supplied that send the funds into the wrong bank account) and needs to be retracted minimum charge of R210.00 will apply, these charges are subject to your recipient’s bank.
Please note that the above charges will be deducted from the balance of funds that are being sent by the recipient’s bank account in South Africa and Remitix cannot be held responsible for these charges.
- SA Money TransferCharges applied to SA Transfers after Supplying Incorrect Details:
- Money Transfer
- Money Transfer rate shiftsRemitix can not be held responsible for untimely deposits in recipient bank accounts, if the exchange rate changes Remitix is in no way liable for any perceived or real historical value loss.
- Recipient Account DetailsRemitix can not be held responsible for losses in rate or inflation due to incorrect account details being supplied, or if the recipient account is deactivated, frozen or closed.
- South Africa Money TransferCharges applied to SA Transfers after Supplying Incorrect Details:
- Remitix may decide to offer a Multi-Tier affiliate scheme. Remitix reserves the right to change the number of tiers upward or downward. Remitix reserves the right to change affiliate commissions. Remitix Affiliate credits can only be credited against a transaction – You cannot demand cash out – the affiliate credit is effectively a discount on your next order. Remitix forces you to cash your credit on your next transaction if your affiliate balance is above GBP 5.00. Your affiliate credit will remain for one calender year. If the credit is not used in a calender year the amount on your affiliate account is reset to zero.
- Reasonable notice period – Remitix reserves the right not to investigate unfulfilled money transfers if the customer or recipient has not brought the matter to our attention for more than 22 days after the order was placed. The customer must alert Remitix that there is a problem with an order within this time, as recipient banks are often unable to cooperate with requests for transfers older than this date.
- Disputes between you and Remitix regarding our services may be reported to Remitix via email: email@example.com customer support or by calling: +44 (0)20 7183 0052.
Fraud / Breach
- Without limiting any other remedies, we may suspend or terminate your account if we suspect that you have engaged or are about to engage in, or have been in any way involved in or linked to, fraudulent activity in connection with the Site, we may limit your activity on the Site, immediately issue a warning, suspend or terminate your user registration or any of your item listings and refuse to provide our services to you without notice to you: (a) if you breach this User Agreement or the documents incorporated by reference; (b) if, despite our reasonable endeavours, we are unable to verify or authenticate any information you provide to us; or (c) if we believe that your actions may cause us financial loss or legal liability.
- Your Information and your activities on our Site must not:
- be false, inaccurate or misleading;
- be offensive or menacing, abusive, defamatory, or in breach of copyright, confidence, privacy or any other rights;
- infringe any third party’s copyright, patent, trade mark, trade secret or other proprietary rights or rights of publicity or privacy;
- be in breach of any applicable laws or regulations (including, but not limited to, laws governing export control, consumer protection, unfair competition, anti-discrimination, false advertising);
- be obscene, indecent or contain child pornography;
- create liability for us or cause us to lose (in whole or in part) the services of our ISPs or other suppliers;
- link directly or indirectly to or include descriptions of goods or services that are prohibited under this User Agreement;
- contain any computer viruses, macro viruses, trojan horses, worms or anything else designed to interfere with, interrupt or disrupt the normal operating procedures of a computer or to surreptitiously intercept, access without authority or expropriate any system, data or personal information;
- cause the Site to be interrupted, damaged, rendered less efficient or such that the effectiveness or functionality of the Site is in any way impaired.
- Your Information and your activities on our Site must not:
- Access and Interference
- The Site contains robot exclusion headers. Much of the information on the Site is updated on a real time basis and is proprietary or is licensed to Remitix by our users or third parties. You agree that you will not use any robot, spider, scraper or other automated means to access the Site for any purpose without our express written permission. Additionally, you agree that you will not: (i) take any action that imposes, or may impose in our sole discretion an unreasonable or disproportionately large load on our infrastructure; (ii) copy, reproduce, modify, create derivative works from, distribute or publicly display any content (except for Your Information) from the Site without the prior expressed written permission of Remitix and the appropriate third party, as applicable; (iii) interfere or attempt to interfere with the proper working of the Site or any activities conducted on the Site; or (iv) bypass our robot exclusion headers or other measures we may use to prevent or restrict access to the site. We do not authorise you to extract or re-utilise substantial parts of our Site, or to make systematic and repeated extractions or re-utilisations of insubstantial parts of our Site.
- No Warranty
- We (and our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) do not guarantee continuous, uninterrupted or secure access to our services, and operation of the Site may be interfered with by numerous factors outside of our control. Our website and our services are provided “as is” and as and when available, and to the extent permissible by law we exclude all implied warranties, conditions or other terms, whether implied by statute or otherwise, including without limitation any terms as to skill and care or timeliness of performance. Some jurisdictions do not allow the disclaimer of implied warranties, so the foregoing disclaimer may not apply to you.
- Limitation of Liability
- Nothing in these terms and conditions shall limit or exclude our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation, or for death or personal injury resulting from our negligence or the negligence of our, agents or employees. Subject to the foregoing, we (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) will not be liable for any economic losses (including, without limitation, loss of revenues, profits, contracts, business or anticipated savings), any loss of goodwill or reputation, or any special, indirect or consequential damages (however arising, including negligence) arising out of or in connection with these terms and conditions. Some jurisdictions do not allow the exclusion of incidental or consequential damages, so the above exclusion may not apply to you.
- We (including our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees) also have no liability of any sort (including liability for negligence) for the acts or omissions of other providers of telecommunications services or for faults in or failures of their networks and equipment.
- Our liability to you or any third party, and the liability of our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents and employees, in any circumstance is limited to the greater of (a) the total fees you have paid to us in relation to the listing or other service offered giving rise to liability, and (b) £100.
- You agree to indemnify and hold us and (as applicable) our parent, subsidiaries, affiliates, officers, directors, agents, and employees, harmless from any claim or demand, including reasonable legal fees, made by any third party due to or arising out of your breach of Remitix (including the documents incorporated by reference), or your violation of any law or the rights of a third party.
- Unless otherwise explicitly stated, notices to Remitix must be sent by registered mail to The Counting House, Church Farm Business Park, Corston, Bath, BA2 9AP. United Kingdom, and notices to you will be sent to the email address that you provide to Remitix during the registration process (receipt is deemed 24 hours after an email is sent, unless we receive notice that the email address is invalid), or by registered mail.
Compliance Laws and Regulations
- Governing Law and Legal Compliance
- This User Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with English law and subject to the exclusive jurisdiction of the English courts.
- Please note, that your country (and/or that of any user you deal with) may have laws which apply to your transactions with other users regardless of what you agree with us (now) or with that user (later).
- The laws of your country may be different from English law, including laws governing what can be legally offered, sold, exported, bought or imported. There may be additional legal requirements, relating to (for example) the requirement to hold a licence to buy or sell certain items, or to register a transfer in a central registry. You shall comply with all applicable domestic and international laws, statutes, ordinances and regulations regarding your use of our service and your bidding on, listing, purchase and solicitation of offers to purchase and sale of items. There is no practical way for us to continually monitor the laws of every country, or each user transaction. Please do not assume that you are allowed to do what other users do, or that we are approving or validating any transaction.
If you have any questions about Remitix’s Terms and conditions, please email Remitix firstname.lastname@example.org customer support or Phone on: +44 (0)20 7183 0052.
These Terms and Conditions are accurate at time of publishing – 10 July 2017
- Governing Law and Legal Compliance