Learn About our
Mukuru Money Card
All our customers in South Africa qualify for a Mukuru
Money card. If you already have a bank account
Mukuru Money can be used as a secondary account to manage your money transfers.
Card you can:
Benefits of the Mukuru Money Card
Receive your Salary
Your employer can pay you salary directly into your Mukuru Money Card!
Give them the information below to do an EFT deposit into your Mukuru Card:
- Bank Name: Bank of Athens
- Beneficiary Name: Your name
- Account Number: Your unique 11 digit Mukuru Money number
- Branch Code: 410506
Please note that the Mukuru Money Card number is NOT an account number. It is your unique customer number linked to your debit card.
To see your unique 11 digit Mukuru Card number:
- Dial *130*567# and choose the card option
- Call 086 001 8555
How to load your Mukuru Money Card with cash
- Make a deposit wiCode request by dialing *130*567#, select Option 6 for Mukuru Money Card Options
- Select Option 1 for “Deposit Cash” or transact via the Mukuru App
- You will receive an SMS with a wiCode
- Simply walk into any Shoprite / Checkers / Usave and present the wiCode and hand your cash to the teller
- Funds are instantly loaded onto your Mukuru card
How do I withdraw cash from my card at a Shoprite / Checkers / Usave till point?
- Make a withdrawal wiCode request by dialing *130*567#, Select Option 6 for Mukuru Card Options
- Select Option 2 for “Withdraw Cash” or transact via the Mukuru App
- You will receive an SMS with a wiCode
- Simply walk into any Shoprite / Checkers / Usave and present the wiCode to the teller and cash will be handed to you
- Funds are reserved from your Mukuru Card
The wiCode remains VALID FOR 72 HOURS
How does the Cashier complete my wiCode Transaction?
- Tell the cashier that you want to deposit / withdraw money / buy groceries using a wiCode
- Cashier clicks the Menu button on the point of sale
- Hand the teller the amount to load
- Cashier clicks the Mobile Deposit button
- Cashier then calls the Supervisor to authorise the transaction
- Cashier then enters and confirms the deposit / withdrawal / grocery payment amount
Mukuru Card Limits
- Maximum balance per card: R25,000
- (Balance on the card should never exceed R25,000 at any given point)
- Maximum monthly load per card: R25,000
- (Maximum load per card per month should not exceed R25,000)
- Maximum daily ATM withdrawal per card: R5 000
- POS transactions are unlimited
- Minimum deposit of R100
Receive Money from abroad
Tell your sender in Botswana, Malawi, Zimbabwe, the UK / Europe or Zambia to send money to you by selecting ‘Mukuru Card’ as the payment option.
- Anyone with an active Mukuru Money Card can receive a remittance from abroad!
- Receive money 24/7
- Instant remittance means you’re covered in an emergency
- The cash comes to you – no more costly traveling or taking time off work
- Your sender doesn’t pay to remit onto your card
- Swiping your card at retailers is free!
How to pay employees with the Mukuru Money Card
When your employees have a Mukuru Card, making payments to them is as simple as doing an EFT. Each Mukuru Card comes with its own unique money number provided by Grobank (www.grobank.co.za). This means you can use your online banking portal or any payroll system to make payments directly to your employees.
|A Mukuru Money Card enables|
|Employers to:||Employees to:|
|Safely and easily pay wages and salaries Add foreign nationals or “unbanked” workers to your formal payrollSet up automatic salary payments||Receive their wages or salary directly onto their cardSave their money safelySend money locally and internationally Swipe at retailers at no additional costBuy airtime from their mobile phoneWithdraw cash at ATMsWithdraw and deposit cash at any Shoprite / Checkers outlet|
How can I get my employees a Mukuru Money Card?
To start paying your employees easily and safely, call us on 067 019 0438
Alternatively, If you would like us to contact you, please fill out this form so we can assist you with the Mukuru Money Card.
Mukuru Card Fees
View our current Mukuru Card Fees.
This account DOES NOT SUPPORT:
- Direct Debit
- Internet Banking
- Online Payments
- Wire transfers to other banks
- International Bank Transfers
To find out more, read our Frequently Asked Questions
about the Mukuru Card
In case you get stuck.
You must sign the back of the card in ink immediately when you receive it.
When using POS devices, always check that the card returned to you is yours.
Report lost or stolen cards or those not returned by calling 086 001 8555. Similarly, if your PIN has been compromised, stop your card immediately.
Only enter your PIN when prompted to do so by the POS device.
Do not disclose your PIN number/s to anyone. To reset your USSD secret PIN, call 086 001 8555 or chat to a consultant on our Mukuru App for assistance.
You must memorise your PIN or keep a record of it in a safe place, separate from your card. Do not give your PIN to anyone (even family members).
You must keep us updated with your personal information so you can continue to receive product updates.
For further information, consult the Mukuru Card Terms and Conditions.
Mukuru, a registered Financial Service Provider FSP (45517)