Let’s You and Your Loved Ones Rest Assured
With Mukuru Cover you can plan ahead for a dignified funeral and provide your family with peace of mind.
All Mukuru Funeral Cover policies have a cash payout, repatriation and assistance call lines, and have these added benefits:
- Accidental death benefit.
- Repatriation to their final resting place anywhere in Africa, of the person insured as well as the spouse and up to 4 children, as listed on the main policy.
- An option to add extended family (such as your mother, father, siblings or grandparents) on selected policies.
Valid claims are paid out within 48 hours of all documentation being submitted.
Mukuru Financial Services (Pty) Ltd is an authorised FSP (FSP 45517). Underwritten by Guardrisk Life Limited, a licensed life insurer in terms of the Insurance Act (FSP 76) and Administered by Siyavika Risk Solutions (Pty) Ltd (FSP 44999).
Mukuru Funeral Policies
Plan ahead for peace of mind and choose the Mukuru Funeral Policy Cover that best suits you, and the needs of your family.
Funeral Cover ApplicationApplication form for Funeral Cover
All Mukuru Funeral Cover comes with the option to add extended family members. Add any of the below options to your Mukuru Funeral Cover for even more peace of mind.
[*All products are provided by Guardrisk except those marked with * which are provided by Europ Assist. Repatriation is a non-underwritten benefit.]
All cover plans are subject to a six (6) month waiting period in the case of natural death, Terms and conditions apply.
Note: Disclosure of inaccurate information during the application process may inﬂuence your claim payout.
Exclusions: Suicide within the ﬁrst 12 Months from the commencement date of cover.
For further information, contact us on 0860018555 or read more about our Mukuru Funeral Policies here: See Mukuru Funeral Policies.
“I am very happy with the service I received from Mukuru. I would recommend Mukuru Funeral Cover to everyone I know.” – Evelyn Mwale
“The payout was made on time and the money reflected a few hours from the time the claim was submitted” – Norman Komani
How to Claim
Losing someone you love is never easy. With Mukuru Funeral Cover we make it easier for you to deal with all the necessary administration and paperwork by guiding you through the process, step-by-step.
- The beneficiary must complete and submit the claim form along with all necessary documentation.
- The respective undertaker (Martin’s/Europ Assist) provides the following services:
- Parlour preparation of the body which includes embalming and non-infectious injection.
- Assist the bereaved family to obtain and process the necessary *repatriation documentation.
- Mukuru will submit the claim and all relevant documentation to Siyavika.
- The claim is then sent to Guardrisk for approval.
*Repatriation begins as soon as the paperwork is submitted.
Note: Payout of a successful claim is made within 48 hours into the beneficiary’s valid South African Bank account. Alternatively, the beneficiary can instruct Mukuru to transfer the payout across the border (a remittance fee will be charged for this service).
Mukuru Funeral Cover is only available in South Africa.