Send Cash to Africa
In 2019, the United Nations Department of Economic and Social Affairs (DESA) estimated that there are around 272 million international migrants living across the globe. Expatriates, therefore, comprise about 3,5% of the global population. This number is expected to grow exponentially in the future, and the world is becoming more interconnected than ever before because of it.
A few decades ago, communicating with loved ones overseas might have required mail by post or even the cost of air travel. Today, however, technology has advanced to the point where instant messaging connects people in separate countries within seconds. Thankfully, money transfers to foreign countries are rapidly evolving too, and African expatriates can now initiate cash payments to a number of countries back home with ease.
If you are currently living away from home and wish to transfer money to friends, family, or loved ones back in Africa, our services here at Mukuru will ensure your cash remittance is quick, safe, and reliable. With us, you have the benefit of swift and secure cash transfers from the EU and UK to several African countries. Not only will your recipient receive their money instantly, but our trusted reputation means you can rely on us to ensure a seamless transfer process without any hiccoughs.
How to Send Money
Your first step to sending cash over to your recipient in Africa is registering your account with us. This account is completely confidential and secure. You can either sign up online by filling out a form or speaking to a friendly Mukuru consultant on +44 (0) 20 7183 0052. Before signing up, you will need to choose between our two Mukuru account types:
- Option 1: Light registration that enables the sender to transfer up to £600 per month. This registration requires only basic information such as your name, mobile number, and identity number.
- Option 2: Full registration that allows the sender to transfer between £600 to £4000 per month. This registration requires that users upload relevant documents which include proof of identity (Identity Document, passport, or asylum document). It also requires the user to upload proof of address (utility bills, bank statements, or a landlord’s letter and utility bill.)
How to Receive Money
When it comes to your recipient, we at Mukuru have made it easy to receive cash in one of four ways.
1. Recipients with a Mukuru top-up card can receive payments to their card. Both sender and recipient will receive an SMS and email notifying them of the transaction. Note, however, that this option is not available in all countries.
2. Transfers to mobile wallets are also possible in some countries and offer instant transfers. Cash may be withdrawn once the money appears in the mobile wallet.
3. We have Mukuru branches, payout partners, cash collection points, and Orange Booths in various African countries. The recipient needs only to visit their nearest payout point and present proof of identity and matching details entered by the sender.
4. Money can be transferred directly into the recipient’s bank account and will reflect within 48 hours
We have several African corridors within the Mukuru network, including Zimbabwe, South Africa, Malawi, Zambia, Nigeria, and many more. If you would like to register with us today, feel free to get in touch.